Lennox Air-conditioning Issue

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

So I bought a house 3 months ago. And the AC was working when we tried it on.

We were not living in the house just moving stuff in every weekend so I did not turn the AC back on for over a month.

My fiance is now living there but the AC does not seem to turn on.

It a new Lennox Furnace and AC outside the house, and the controls inside is a Honeywell.

I have reset the Honeywell controller but that did not help.

The 2 LEDS IN THE FURNACE INDICATE THAT EVERHTUNG IS WORKING FINE.

What do you guys think the issue could be?

The fuse? On the side of the house?

Maybe the breaker is bad?

Or maybe its in some kind of hibernation mode?

Re: Lennox Air-conditioning Issue

I also have a question regarding lennox AC because this is the first year in this house and I oftenly read articles which are really helpful. while the AC from is working and keeping the house cool it is only dropping the temp 11 deg and doesn't seem to be pulling moisture out of the air like we are used to in previous houses. So I check things out and throw some gauges on the system and find that the R22 is low. I have a friend who has his HVAC license so he can service his own rentals so I call him up and tell him to bring his R22 with him. This is where the question comes up. He was taught to never take the Low side above 75 psig. The Label on unit says it's designed pressure 144 on the low side and 278 on the high side.

It was at 55 psig when I started so I brought it up to 70 psig and said I would ask the experts before I take it up any higher. I feel like it needs more as im getting very little (is supercooling the right term?) like only 2-3 deg. It did bring my temp difference at the unit to 14 deg.

So should I leave it or should is it designed to have a higher PSIG and it needs more R22.
    Last edited by frank; 03-09-2022 at 07:07 PM.

This post is all wrong. No "licensed" Tech would leave a novice to charge a system and Especially on a system with a refrigerant whose use has been banned since 2004.
    Plus those are not operating pressures.
    this has got to be a scam.
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Quote Originally Posted by LennoxHVAC View Post
    Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

So I bought a house 3 months ago. And the AC was working when we tried it on.

We were not living in the house just moving stuff in every weekend so I did not turn the AC back on for over a month.

My fiance is now living there but the AC does not seem to turn on.

It a new Lennox Furnace and AC outside the house, and the controls inside is a Honeywell.

I have reset the Honeywell controller but that did not help.

The 2 LEDS IN THE FURNACE INDICATE THAT EVERHTUNG IS WORKING FINE.

What do you guys think the issue could be?

The fuse? On the side of the house?

Maybe the breaker is bad?

Or maybe its in some kind of hibernation mode?
    I am assuming you may well get a more knowledgeable answer on this type of system if you posted on the American version of this forum. Because there are likely to be more Techs conversant with your type of system. If you are still having issues could you advise what particular controller you have?
    It sounds at this stage as if the system is not being reset / restarted properly or just it is in Satisfied (Temp.) mode? ( Hibernation Mode is a good way of putting it!)
    Logic says it should not be a big problem but long distance and with minimal info. Its rather difficult to diagnose let alone fix.
    Good luck all the same. and please let us all know how you get on.
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 02-08-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I am assuming you may well get a more knowledgeable answer on this type of system if you posted on the American version of this forum. Because there are likely to be more Techs conversant with your type of system. If you are still having issues could you advise what particular controller you have?
    It sounds at this stage as if the system is not being reset / restarted properly or just it is in Satisfied (Temp.) mode? ( Hibernation Mode is a good way of putting it!)
    Logic says it should not be a big problem but long distance and with minimal info. Its rather difficult to diagnose let alone fix.
    Grizzly
    I have the Honeywell TH3110D1008. I have changed the fuse in the breaker box and that did not fix it.

I am gonna go buy a new thermostat and see if that fixes it. Because I believe that is the issue.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks

There is an American Version of this Forum?

Hi Ranger. Not the Forum as is, but I have come across an a/c / HVAC site before which seems to be / has many more American Participants.
    But I would assume you would have a better knowledge of such. so maybe I am wrong?
    Cheers Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by LennoxHVAC View Post
    I have the Honeywell TH3110D1008. I have changed the fuse in the breaker box and that did not fix it.

I am gonna go buy a new thermostat and see if that fixes it. Because I believe that is the issue.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks
    Hi Follow this link for a manual.
    https://manuals.plus/honeywell/th311...e_installation
    scroll through to set up and try setting the (Very Basic) Controller.
    If this is unfamiliar territory try enlisting the help of someone a little more technical ellectrically.
    Good luck Grizzly.

Grizzly:
    Never really looked. Always was content with
    this site Miss seeing as many Industrial Posts as I used too though. HVAC is not really my area of expertise. Learned a bit about it from the Forum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Grizzly
    You must be thinking of hvactalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by NH3LVR View Post
    Grizzly:
    Never really looked. Always was content with
    this site Miss seeing as many Industrial Posts as I used too though. HVAC is not really my area of expertise. Learned a bit about it from the Forum though.
    People seem to be into Blogs & pictures of what they did, or had for lunch today.
    No real content in any of what they are into (as far as I understand).

Other Forums seem to have little respect for the actual Skill and many years of on the job Training.
    Required to diagnose and deal with the Huge variety of equipment and issues someone in this industry can come across.
    Keep up the good work Guys!
    Grizzly

Hey
    I totally agreed with you my problem is solved.
    Last edited by frank; 03-09-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Advertising links removed