Daikin Multi Split.

Hi guys,

Looking at a Daikin multi but i am a bit confused on specs..

I like the look of this system, but the outdoor unit spec is only around 5kw but with two indoor units at 3.5kw each.

Am i overthinking this but as far as i could tell, the outdoor unit should match the indoor units total ie 7kw?

Thanks all for any pointers as i have very limited knowledge of all things AC and my installer is away for a couple of weeks so want to get it organised before he gets back so he can get on and order it!

https://www.orionairsales.co.uk/daik...hz-15916-p.asp
    Last edited by jasons6930; 23-07-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Re: Daikin Multi Split.

Hello jasons6930 and welcome to the forum

If you have both indoors working flat out, then the 5kW outdoor will split it's capacity between them and you will get less than your required 3.5kW to each fancoil. However, with only 1 indoor running there will not be an issue.
    The indoor units are normally selected to handle maximum cooling load which, unless it is something like a server room, doesn't happen very often here in the UK.
    To answer your question more confidently you would need to let us know what the application is and how you came up with a 3.5kW load.

Re: Daikin Multi Split.

Thanks Frank.

I currently have a cheap and nasty 3.5kw single split that is on its last legs in the bedroom, and underneath is the lounge, and both rooms get in excess of 30 degrees on a hot day because we have large windows, and is south west facing.

The existing unit did cool the bedroom very well and was ice cold and brought it down to a lovely temp with the curtains and windows closed, however, as that now needs replacing i can get a multi split installed to take care of the lounge as well.

£2k is my max budget plus fitting really, so apart from going for a cheapo Midea multi, i can only find Daikin that looks reasonable cost wise, unless maybe i should be looking at other makes of similar cost?

Thanks again.