Hi all,

I found this site while searching for a knowledgable community that may be able to help give me some unbiased sound advice where otherwise I've read and received so much conflicting information it's driving me crazy.

I have a little single story property in the Spanish countryside with a ducted A/C system. The system needs replacing, as it 1. it doesn't work properly, 2. we want something more economical to run, this current beast of a unit often exceeds our contracted power allowance (4.7kw) causing the breakers to trip which can be very inconvenient as I also work from home.

The system vents air to 4 rooms, totalling 50m2. When I try to determine which modern units are most suitable, different sites suggest different units, when I speak with local providers, they suggest I still need something that can deliver ~10'000 frigs like my current unit, which goes against everything else I've seen when I look up what I need for an area of 50m2,

One guy said, I have to still look for a 10k frig unit because the ducts are currently designed for the 10k unit I have now and a unit with less that 10k won't be able to move air around properly..
I could understand that more if I had a large surface area, but this house is very small so I wonder how much truth is there.

Someone else suggested to change from the ducted system and instead go with a multi-split unit.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,