Advice with installing twin distributing pipe on mitsubishi twin split system

Hi guys, I'm currently installing a mitsubishi electric twin split system which uses a twin distributing pipe, I've only ener installed split systems so this is a bit new to me. With regard to the twin distributing pipe I've found a 1 page instruction sheet on the internet and just need to clarify a few things.

I was told by my supplier that the distribution pipe needs to be at the exact same distance from both indoor units but on the instruction sheet it mentions nothing about this, only mentions info regarding distance of indoor units to each other and distance to outdoor unit etc.
    How far should the distribution pipe be from the indoor units? Also it mentions that there should be no more than 8 bends in the pipework from the outdoor unit to each indoor unit, is this correct? I hope its not as I'm looking at least 15 bends for each pipe from outdoor to each indoor. Hope someone can give me some advice on this. Thanks in advance

Re: Advice with installing twin distributing pipe on mitsubishi twin split system

From Memory twin splits need to be equal distance of pipe and I have seen pipe coiled on a roof before just to make this happen when the systems are not equally spaced. It is all to do with pressure drop. As for the amount of bends it will have an impact. From memory one 90deg bend is the equivalent to a metre of pipe do 8 bends adds 8mtrs and in your case 15bends adds 15mtrs to the pipe run.

I don't know about your specific system but I would ask the supplier for the full installation manual and all the relevant spec for the system.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Re: Advice with installing twin distributing pipe on mitsubishi twin split system

Thanks for the advice Rob, much appreciated