R22 Foaming and excessive oil return problem

Hi to every one
    I have an R22 compressor rack that has high pressure oil management system, I have a foaming and excessive oil return problem. I have read then that its not recommended to use HCFC/Mineral oil in this high pressure management system due to this potential of foaming problem. Does changing the mineral oil to POE oil in this R22 system can resolve or lessens the problem? thanks to all in advance....
    Last edited by afak; 31-03-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Re: R22 Foaming and exceesive oil return problem

Afak what compressors are on the rack, what make of oil seperator and what type of compressor oil floats are you using ..How old is the system and had this always been a problem ??!

Hi Glenn Moore

1- 6 two-stage Bocks
    2-helical oil separators-reservoir
    3-Kriwan INT280-60 Diagnose (infrared)
    4-new installed system not commissioned yet.
    5- the phenomena happens in off cycle times, the oil level sight glasses in most compressors are totally fulled in a short time, when the compressor starts there is a severe vibration. when we relief the excessive oil from the crankcases, compressors restarts normally.
    I suggest two things: may be the total oil charge is too big, or, I don't know how far is this idea probable i.e. the infrared oil level mistakes the returned foamed oil from the evaporators in the crankcase as empty and opens as a result of that, some times I have a doubt that the two reasons happening together. For what reason the oil in the evaporators may be migrates to the crankcases in off cycle ? thank you so much...
    Last edited by afak; 05-04-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Afak
    I’ll need to do a little check on the components your using . I’ll come back shortly Glenn