Fujitsu ARY24LUAN ducted with wired remote control (forced stop) problem

Hello, I have an ARY24LUAN internal) / AOY24LMAKL reversible ducted system installed, and I wnated to be able to switch it remotely (via the internet) with a simple on/off control.

The system has a wired remote control, but I cannot change the function 46 (External input control) to forced stop. In the default mode (operation/stop), the remote controller overrides my external switch input, even if I have previously switched the system off remotely, when there is a heat/cool demand.
    So I can force the system to stay off most of the time by "pulsing" the remote switch off-on-off every hour, but I am sure that this is not what the engineers intended.

I can go into the options menu on the remota nd change option 46 to "02" but this has no effect.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much for your help
    Ilya

Re: Fujitsu ARY24LUAN ducted with wired remote control (forced stop) problem

Fujitsu sell accessories for what you are trying to do
    https://www.orionairsales.co.uk/fuji...-ir-5766-p.asp

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Fujitsu sell accessories for what you are trying to do
    https://www.orionairsales.co.uk/fuji...-ir-5766-p.asp
    Thanks Frank, that only works if you have a wireless (IR) remote. Mine is wired, and there are no inputs on the remote - all external control has to go via the internal unit control PCB...
    Last edited by IlyaE; 15-01-2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Misspelling

I think on that model there are no function settings you set by the remote, it's DIP switches on the indoor PCB.

The external input will turn on or off but the remote will override it. Later models had the function I think you are after, used to force the unit off for good. Normally linked to a fire alarm for example and keep it off until the contacts opened again but you had to set that via the remote which as I say is a later addition, not available (or even thought about!) when your unit was designed.

I'll send you some info by email which might help explain the DIP switches but it's just to control the input to work on a short pulse or high signal on/low signal off.

Franks link (good idea by the way) for the Intesis unit is the correct one, it wires direct to the remote control terminals and acts as a second remote. You can actually use it as the only remote and get it to email you it's turned on/off, temp change etc.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 16-01-2022 at 10:53 PM.