Pump with level relay for condensate drain

Hello everyone,

So as mentioned in the title, i have 4 AHU units placed in an underground level, this units use DX coils for cooling, so it will form condensate, so i need a system to drain this water.

We are using level relay on condensate pan that will turn on and off the evacuation pump. is there any guide or ideas for people who have already done this type of installation.

I'm available for more informations if someone is willing to help

Re: Pump with level relay for condensate drain

Hello Akram. We have installed some Aspen Condensate Pumps recently. These pumps manage high heads with low flow which is the kind of pump needed, there are other brands available on the market. If you want to do it without these type of pumps, one thing to notice about these pumps is that pump level is done with a (I guess) hall effect sensor (not a standard level switch) with 3 different levels: 1) a level where the pump starts 2) a level where the pump stops and 3) a level (above 1) where a NC relay opens. This is meant to stop the fans of the AHU from working (while the pump keeps active) to avoid possibly overflowing the condensate reservoir. Please take a look at Aspen pumps videos for a better understanding on how to use them. Regards
    Last edited by otrotabi; 09-01-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Hello Mr.Otrotabi,

Thank you for your response, well this type of condensate pump is not avalable in my region and i was hoping to find one
    So i'm aiming towards a small water pump with level relay for the regulation of the system.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If the Aspen type pumps are not available what sort of pumps can you get in your area?

How much room is there for the condensate tray or pump.

If you can make a sump of some sort to collect the condensate then any form of float level or sensor level switch would work.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I guess you might try to make it work with any kind of pump, but unless the AHU´s are huge, any standard centrifugal pump will be surely oversized for this purpose (A Maxi Orange pump handles up to 35 L / h).

Similar pumps are used for boats, maye you can try to find something for this use. In any case I would try to find a submersible pump, this will ease installation and they usually have a float included.

Regards

Dig a hole in the floor, get all the AHU condensed water to it and insert immersion pump.
    Like this one: https://www.playthek.com/makita-klar...xoCQCYQAvD_BwE