Hotpoint freestanding frost free fridge freezer Model SMX 95 TU – Water leak.

Background: 4 weeks ago we moved house. When the removal guys tipped the fridge freezer to move it a lot of water was deposited on the kitchen floor. (Prior to the move there had been no water leaks).
    The removal guys were seen mopping water at the back of the F/F. On arrival at our new house the fridge freezer was plugged in and operated normally. However, on a few occasions during the past month a significant amount of water has been found coming from under the unit.

I have no knowledge of the defrost procedure but I am guessing this problem is somehow related. I would welcome any trouble shooting suggestions. I will probably need to pull the unit forward and examine the back of the F/F. What should I expect to see and do? Could it be something as simple as a blocked drain hole (wherever the drain hole might be)?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Hotpoint freestanding frost free fridge freezer Model SMX 95 TU – Water leak.

At the back of the fridge. You will probably find a tray sitting on top of the compressor or fitted on the bottom of the unit this is where the defrost water should be evaporating . Check these are not dislodged or cracked.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Hotpoint freestanding frost free fridge freezer Model SMX 95 TU – Water leak.

They also tend to use a flexible illegal drain down tube to the lower drain tray. Check that it hasn't been damaged/kinked etc.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015