Thread: Hot Tub pumps

Hot Tub pumps

Hello everyone,

I own an 8 year old Dynasty Liberty II spa which has 2 5hp waterway pumps. One pump failed, and the other started to rust badly due to a leak, so I'm replacing both. Of course I thought this would be a relatively simple operation, but I have encountered the following problems:

1) The front cover of the old wet end has two nipples which had hoses attached to them, the new pump only has a cover which can be removed to place the nipples, what is this part called?

2) The new motor has a ground in a different location, too far away for the wiring harness to reach. Can you couple the ground lead to another to lengthen it?

3) I purchased new seals to go between the plumbing and the wet end. The new ones are flat, whereas the old ones had grooves to go into the plumbing side. Once I opened the shutoff valves with the new seals, the connection was leaking badly, so I assume I need the other style. Does anyone know the part number or what this style is called?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Hot Tub pumps

Is this in anyway connected to refrigeration?

Re: Hot Tub pumps

Hi there. Could this be connected with draining a hot tub? I know that draining is an essential part of the hot tub cleaning routine. Draining the water seems to challenge some people, so they do this process not so frequently as they need. I think you need to find more information that you need to drain your hot tub`s water.
    Last edited by kiloosmala; 14-12-2021 at 07:58 PM.