R32 Charging units with gas

Given how critical we are told to the gram in fact that R32 needs to be weighed in by, what are you doing to counter losses from gauge lines etc?

E.g a unit that needs 2.6kg of R32, are you putting a bit more in to allow for the losses when you take the gauges off?

Re: R32 Charging units with gas

If you do it right, you don't release any refrigerant when taking service manifold off the system.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Most technicians nowadays use hose lines with shutoff valves at the end used to connect with the system being worked on.

Therefore the amount of gas that would be lost during a hose disconnect would be that contained within 25mm of 6.35mm hose line.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I just stick with the correct weight on the scales and try and pump the gauge line down if possible. Might be different if I was working on a domestic fridge freezer but like most of us I give those a wide berth.
    Incidentally in my car mechanic days doing AC the manual for the machine said to add an extra amount for the lines. Can't remember the exact figure (helpful! ha ha) but it was something like 50 or 100g.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

��I’ve always purged the lines with gas , zero the scale then drop the liquid in then run up the system to remove the liquid out of the lines ��Just leaves gas which is what you started with ��so the weight introduced into the system has to be correct ��