Carrier 19XR “ Phase loss”

Hey Guys
    I’ve got three identical 2013 Carrier 19Xr chillers equipped with Benshaw soft-starts and power factor capacitors operating side by side in the same mechanical room and every now and then they go out on “Phase loss” (unit circuit breaker shunt-trip ) on the Redistart Mx3 benshaw monitor. Sometimes it will trip will chiller is ramping up or running.
    it gets more frequent on hot humid days when the chillers are running fully loaded..I’ll get there and the Redistart Mx3 monitor will show “phase loss” 0 volts readings and find the Chiller’s circuit breaker tripped,after verification reset breaker and chiller will run fine with no issues
    Have verified all settings within the Benshaw monitor and chiller settings,electrical connections and terminals
    We’ve monitored the incoming power supply on all three chillers for any unbalance or fluctuations for weeks and even months,incoming power supply stays stable and consistent
    Running out paths to investigate would appreciate some insight or more information

Thanks and stay safe !

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Carrier 19XR “ Phase loss”

I'm no electrical expert but I would perhaps replace/renew the circuit breakers on one chiller to see if that particular unit continues running.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Carrier 19XR “ Phase loss”

If it is happening on all 3 chillers then the common denominator is the supply. Unless 1 unit is tripping the others. Difficult to diagnose from afar.