Anyone else build websites on the side?

People always think of leisure hobbies like playing guitar, baking, but not me. I build website on the side. Anyone has "uncommon" hobbies around here when they're not out there fixing aircond?

Re: Anyone else build websites on the side?

Are you doing it from scratch, like programming? Or do you use wix and tilda?
    I like organizing things, all is super organized in my property in Greece here and friends sometimes invite me to their garages to help them organize and properly store things around to make it more functional and have more space
    Last edited by Vodefon; 07-09-2021 at 09:53 AM.

I also build websites and programs as a hobby... it is a strange hobby but has served me well for a number of different things. Started with Ruby on Rails many years ago and moved onto Python

Now only deal with Python (& Django); have my own company website built from the bottom up, with a tailor back end DB so I can update prices and details on the fly. Currently, building program for install, project management and maintenance programs.

Have a script for automatic ordering from suppliers based on stock levels both at our workshop and supplier - been great in the past 6 months!

A couple of active forums based on myBB but heavily customised. Some limited knowledge of PHP because of this, but DIY at best. Have a good understanding of CSS though

Genuinely enjoy it. But then again, I am very sad!

Impressive Rtic, a very valuable skill set in this day and age.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtic View Post
    I also build websites and programs as a hobby... it is a strange hobby but has served me well for a number of different things. Started with Ruby on Rails many years ago and moved onto Python

Now only deal with Python (& Django); have my https://erasmus-home.com/en/rent-apartment/ljubljana/poker freerolls own company website built from the bottom up, with a tailor back end DB so I can update prices and details on the fly. Currently, building program for install, project management and maintenance programs.

Have a script for automatic ordering from suppliers based on stock levels both at our workshop and supplier - been great in the past 6 months!

A couple of active forums based on myBB but heavily customised. Some limited knowledge of PHP because of this, but DIY at best. Have a good understanding of CSS though

Genuinely enjoy it. But then again, I am very sad!
    I usued to work at erasmus student houses and we created an site where people play poker it was in worpress at the start but later we created a much bigger full customizable aproach
    Last edited by DurdenJa; 20-04-2022 at 06:43 PM.

In fact, there are many free website builders with which you can create a one-page website. I like to use Wordpress more, because registration goes through a google account and good interface, tools. There are many videos on YouTube that explain step by step how to do this.
    Last edited by frank; 23-02-2022 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Every people has one hobby I like your thinking you don't waste time and surf good hobbies you playing guitar baking but not me but I agree with you. Website builders are great for us in online work.