Question Best Marketing Strategies for Companies

Hello all,

Just wondering what you guys use to bring leads or customers into your business.

I have the following methods that I use that work for us.

1 - Website & Ad words - I built a website draw in views from Ad Words. At the moment, most of our work the website produces is from residential and is mostly for AC cleaning. For every $1 we spend, we get about $7 back, obviously depending on the season, this goes up and down.

2 - Facebook - We have made videos and posted them on Facebook, then paid Facebook to put the videos in front of people in the local community. Depending on the season, we can sometime get up to $15 for every $1 we spend but in other parts of the season it can go as low as $2 for every $1 we spend. The biggest downside to Facebook advertising we found is that you have respond to heaps of questions everyone has all the time, where as the website gives customers all the information so they only contact you to make a booking or to get a quote. Most work is Residential.

3 - Cold calling local Businesses - It is not illegal to cold call local business in Australia so we sometimes do it. Generally off 1 hours of cold calling, we can get about 3 bookings to go in and quote them on their AC maintenance contracts. These contracts definitely help us during the winter times but cold calling is so tedious.

4 - Word of Mouth - We do usually push word of mouth through our existing customers, we ask them for reviews all the time and if they know anybody that we might be able to assist. Networking out business with other businesses to grow each others business.

Does anyone else have experiences with the above or do any other forms of advertising like flyer distribution, Social media cold messaging or any other forms of advertising and marketing?

Cheers

Re: Best Marketing Strategies for Companies

Hi there,

Those are totally spot-on techniques. I would also add on special marketing campaigns into the mix. People always dig free stuffs. Organizing competition and offering free aircond as price is certainly something that gets people into the game. That's how I collect potential leads as well.

Yes, since it is Winter here in Australia, and due to covid affecting one of our large resorts we look after. We did some networking with that particular resort.

Every supply and installation we do for a customer, in return we pay the resort to give that customer two night stay. We don't pay them money but do a contra deal for each others services. This month we will be spending around $4,000 on resort fees but the customers are heaps happy and are leaving our business reviews on google.

Also, it doesn't bother me spending $4K with the resort as the resort pays us around $38K per year on average for maintenance, repairs and installs. Helps everybody and we get more attraction and the resort likes us even more now.

That's a golden nugget right there! The hotel industry is surely getting a huge impact from the pandemic. Helping existing customers to survive keeps us going too!