Energy Efficiancy Chilled Water of DX

Hi,
    I posted in earlier threat that I planned to install CW system for my residential and I worked out, needing about 5.2 KW x 4 indoor units = 20.8 KW. I have gathered all material pricing.

Now, I need guidance if cost of Energy would be lower or Higher on CW system.

Thanks for support in advance

Regards
    Salman

Re: Energy Efficiancy Chilled Water of DX

https://www.brighthubengineering.com...ioning-plants/

Salman,
    Four split systems most efficient with inverter, can turn each on/off, different temperatures.
    Second central air conditioning system, less flexibility, also on inverter.
    You may have a reason for chilled water, but you do not say.
    Water has inefficientcy in temperature difference between water/refrigerant, then water to air, continuously running water pump.
    Probably Have to have a water tank, inhibitors etc

Hi,
    Reason for Chilled water is that it's easier to mantain. I would have only 1 central compressor /condenssor to take care off.

Single AC system units of made in china are not reliable as quality of tubes are very low and have lot of problems every season, despite the fact that it's heavily used in Pakistan.
    My plan to is to have inverted based compressor when number of FCU would be less in operational.

Currently electricy cost in Pakistan is USD 0.16 / KW which is heavy on pocket.
    I can apply same unit for Dx system, but it would be very difficult for me to mantain, so now I need suggestion that with high eelctricity cost cmpare to chiller system, is it worth taking decission.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Would the addition of solar PV panels to power the secondary CW side be an option perhaps to keep down electrical running costs?

I appreciate that the initial costs can be high.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

AC DX evaporators usually operate between 5 and 8 deg C. They both reduce air temperature and extract moisture but the control arrangement addresses temperature alone. To run water to air exchangers at the same temperatures means the water to refrigerant heat exchanger (evaporator) is going to operate very close to freezing temperatures...the system will need more protection and better controls than a regular AC split.

Thanks, but controlling water to 5.0 C is very easy. Any temp controller can do it.
    The problem is running cost. I dont know if running cost is high or low.