Hoshizaki Water Cooled Ice Machine

I've got a Hoshizaki water cooled ice machine tripping on HP around 5 seconds after start up. I've only ever dealt with air cooled machines so it's a first for me. The water inlets are all turned on. The machine has been turned off for around 6 month. Does anyone have any ideas what I should check? Thanks in advance

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Hoshizaki Water Cooled Ice Machine

Okay, so the water inlet is turned on but does any water come out the other end?

Check for water pressure/flow, airlocks, kinked hoses.

[edit] Just looked at a service manual, online, which does advise checking the water inlet filter as well as suggesting that the condenser may need descaling. Are you in a hard water area?
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 03-06-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Brian, yes there is water coming out the inlets and there are no issues with regard to feed to the machine. There is no filter but it isn’t a hard water area. Maybe there is an air lock in the machine itself just unsure of a way to bleed it. There is also a water flow adjustment part which I’ve never seen before, maybe the issue lies with this? I’ll be going back in the next couple of days so I’ll have a look.
    thanks

Blog Entries

I don't think that in 5 seconds it should be tripping on high pressure safety switch. I think that that switch is faulty!
    Check switch off pressure on switch and measure high pressure.

Water regulating valve should then be checked and adjusted at 37-40°C of saturated condensation temperature.
    Last edited by nike123; 11-06-2021 at 08:14 PM.