Can I freeze double Cream?

Hi I am keen on cooking and with several forums available I have not found the right solutions when it came to I recently came up with my own recipe for making cream. I found some grey particles in my cream. i did some research and I read from some articles that the freezing process affects greatly the stability in double cream. I really don't like the grey particles I would really appreciate some insights on what this is and how I can sort it out.
    Last edited by tomaswilso; 19-04-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Can I freeze double Cream?

According to others it is a tricky subject. I refer you to this website for more information...

https://www.freezeit.co.uk/can-you-freeze-double-cream/
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

the water will form crystals and so the structure of the cream will be ****, so yes you can freeze it however the result is not good, blast freeze with nitrogen will keep the crystals very small and with a good mix it could work.
    computer shooter
    paul deelen
    +31653300739

I normally freeze unused heavy cream in an ice cube tray. I use it for making things like pasta sauces, where I mostly heat the cream cubes into the sauce, but I've never tried them for making ice cream. Has anyone tried this before? I know that cream gets slightly grainy after being frozen. I don't like to try ice cream with it because of the giant grainy mess. I thought that it was due to my old freezer unit. My current refrigerator was too old and I'm looking for a replacement. A few of my friends have suggested DELETED. But, I like to get more options to compare. Your suggestions are invited to help me to opt for an energy-efficient option for the freezer.
    Last edited by frank; 24-08-2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Advertising

No more sneaky Adverts Dwight V. Read the site rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    According to others it is a tricky subject. I refer you to this website for more information... https://nexthash.com/
    Thank you. Great read!
    Last edited by DurdenJa; 14-11-2021 at 11:37 AM.