Unhappy Please advice: Siemens fridge keeps icing up!

Hello folks!

I'm here to actually (well hopefully) help my fridge technician .

Yep....so he does not know why the freezer section keeps icing up. I've watched him remove all the fan area assembly inside the freezer, test the fan works, clean the drain pipe for the water container (please excuse my non-technical lingo), and put it all back together.

There is nothing wrong with the cooling. I can hear the fan kick on too...but over time it gets louder & I guess that's because the ice is building up in the freezer...

But...as you can see from the picture that over time water keeps icing up inside the lower freezer section.

He says it not sensor related (not sure what sensor). I've attached a pic. with this scribble on it.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Please advice: Siemens fridge keeps icing up!

Sorry guys...I think I posted this in the wrong section. Can someone still help please?

[Edit] Okay done.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 26-12-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Thread moved to domestic.

Just bumping folks....any one ? any idea?

Check the door seal isnt letting air into the freezer.
    Check the fridge is level.
    Check the fan is blowing the air in the right direction.
    If there are defrost setting, check there is enough time given to allow any melted ice to drain away properly.
    Check the surfaces are clean and an passageways are clear of dirt.
    Check all the parts are fitted correctly in the right place.
    Last edited by seanf; 27-12-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Also, check that your thermostat switches the cooling off when set point is reached

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    Check the door seal isnt letting air into the freezer.
    Check the fridge is level.
    Check the fan is blowing the air in the right direction.
    If there are defrost setting, check there is enough time given to allow any melted ice to drain away properly.
    Check the surfaces are clean and an passageways are clear of dirt.
    Check all the parts are fitted correctly in the right place.
    Thank you Sean.

1) I know now the fridge is level because with the freezer door open & 90 degrees to the fridge, the bubble is in the center (image attached).

2) I don't know about the fan blowing the air in the right direction....I'll have to get the technician to do that...I do know he tested the fan after removing it & it was blowing fine.

3) There is no defrost setting....I've shared all the settings on the fridge (image attached)

4) The technician made sure he cleaned the drain & informed me that the water was now draining to the back when it had defrosted. His hunch after testing the fan was that the drain to the back of the fridge was blocked.

5) The technician removed EVERYTHING from inside of the fridge to diagnose & resolve the issue. So, ice was forming before he came, and it is still forming after his visit.

So, he removed the cover to the air duct in the top fridge section, and then in removed the cover to the evaporator grill (I think that's what it is) inside the bottom freezer section, and then he removed the grill, and then the fan. He cleaned the drain duct, and then he put it all back together.

I hope that explains it well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Also, check that your thermostat switches the cooling off when set point is reached
    Thanks Frank.

How do I do that? I can hear when the fan kicks on....I guess I can try to listen better for the compressor....

check warm air isnt being drawn in by the fan through the drain pipe. There might be a rubber flap on the end of the drain pipe or a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    check warm air isnt being drawn in by the fan through the drain pipe. There might be a rubber flap on the end of the drain pipe or a trap.
    Thank you Sean....I'm going to discuss that with the technician. Will keep you guys posted.