Carpigiani 211p compressor Problem?

Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just recently bought a old carpigiani 211p which has been stood for 10 years. No history on it but i have rewired and serviced machine to best of my ability. Everything works eg: all motors spin up, compressor starts etc. The problem is it is not freezing? Now i have no knowledge at all regarding the cooling side. My question is do you think the compressor will need a recharge due to been sat so long? Im thinking its either that or the freezer barrel is gone? The compressor is a Prestcold/copeland S150. Any help is very much appreciated and i am desperate for a manual for this as well if anyone knows where to get it? ive emailed Carpigiani with no answer so far. Thank you

Re: Carpigiani 211p compressor Problem?

Does any of the refrigeration pipework or valves get cold or hot once the machine has ran for a bit?

Best advice would be to have a fridge guy check over the gas side. It could be its lost its gas through a leak anywhere on the system not just the compressor or barrel. It could be the compressor is damaged and not pumping. Or maybe a valve isnt opening or blocked stopping gas flow. Could be a few things.

If it has lost its gas, and with your machine being over 10 years old its likely to be on a refrigeration that you cant get/use anymore, so there may be additional work/cost to get it running on a replacement refrigerant.
    Last edited by seanf; 26-02-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Blog Entries

I agree with seanf

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    Does any of the refrigeration pipework or valves get cold or hot once the machine has ran for a bit?

Best advice would be to have a fridge guy check over the gas side. It could be its lost its gas through a leak anywhere on the system not just the compressor or barrel. It could be the compressor is damaged and not pumping. Or maybe a valve isnt opening or blocked stopping gas flow. Could be a few things.

If it has lost its gas, and with your machine being over 10 years old its likely to be on a refrigeration that you cant get/use anymore, so there may be additional work/cost to get it running on a replacement refrigerant.
    Hi thank you for your message. No nothing anywhere gets cold. the condenser had a bit of surface rust on it but ive cleaned that off. Everything seems to run fine no bad noises from compressor and motors etc. no signs anywhere of previous leakage. I am in the process of trying to get a engineer out