Threaded View

Blog Entries

Scotsman MXG 328 Icemaker cubes not falling into bin

I have some strange problem with this Icemaker.

Cubes are piling in Ice tray.

Screenshot_20191223-224936_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I have descaled evrything. Icemaker is leveled perfectly. Tray is not that much sloped as appears at drawing above, but slope is present.
    Cubes are off perfect shape.
    Water hardnes is around 200 ppm.
    What is interesting, everything is same as before and jet, problem has occured aparently out of noting.

Any tought of what could cause ice cubes jamming on slope?
    My only logical tought is that somehow surface of ice tray slope is eroded by limescale sand and needs polishing. Or I did not removed all limescale from surface, even if it apears perfectly clean and smooth.

Now when I reverse film backward, problem has occured after i made adjustment on water regulating valve on previous call. It has been stuck open even at off cycle, and after flushing it by lifting with two screwdrivers, it started to close again in off cycle, and I made adjusment measuring with my CAT S60 termal camera at liquid refrigerant pipe exiting from heat exchanger. I adjusted at 41˚C.
    Is that to hot, and that could influence cube in harvest cycle in such way that is less slipery?
    That is temperature of subcooled liquid. Therfore saturation temperature is somewhat above that. Manual states 17 bar for condensation pressure.
    Last edited by nike123; 23-12-2019 at 11:09 PM.