Solar thermal air conditioner based on calcium chloride

I wonder how it compares in terms of total system cost compared to a compressor air conditioner powered by PV panels via a VFD.

Re: Solar thermal air conditioner based on calcium chloride

Bigger scale build:
    DIY researcher of power electronics and embedded systems.

marta5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post

I wonder how it compares in terms of total system cost compared to a compressor air conditioner powered by PV panels via a VFD.
    The truth is that it seems a super interesting system.

Solar air conditioning refers to any airconditioning (cooling) system that uses solar power. ... There are new non-compressor-based electrical air conditioning systems with a SEER above 20 coming on the market. ... A desiccant like calcium chloride can be mixed with water to create an attractive recirculating waterfall.
    Last edited by frank; 04-04-2020 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Quote Originally Posted by geminair View Post
    Solar air conditioning refers to any airconditioning (cooling) system that uses solar power. ... There are new non-compressor-based electrical air conditioning systems with a SEER above 20 coming on the market. ... A desiccant like calcium chloride can be mixed with water to create an attractive recirculating waterfall.
    This is really helpful information on air conditioning. I think i'll stick with electrical for now as solar panels are costly too but definitely a good investment.
    Last edited by frank; 20-04-2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

marta5 Guest

Amazing how technologies can help make systems much more efficient and powerful. At the same time it does not have a negative impact on the environment.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me proud of the field i work in, good stuff!