Thread: Mitsubishi vrv

Lightbulb Mitsubishi vrv

can anyone help i need a manual for a mitsubishi city multi VRV PUHY-200-YMA spoke to mitsubishi and they havn,t got one, it has a fault code on the outdoor unit (AL-2)

thanks

Re: Mitsubishi vrv

Nice intro you made, I have it somewhere on pdf.
    Mitsubishi has no manual and I have one or wouldn't they supply you a copy?
    There's something strange happening here.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1
    Nice intro you made, I have it somewhere on pdf.
    Mitsubishi has no manual and I have one or wouldn't they supply you a copy?
    There's something strange happening here.

spoke to head office they said they could not find one they pointed me to there multi city web site but no joy there , if possible could you email a copy . dakesojo91@aol.com

al=2 is not a fault code it is the level on receiver, check indoor units for actual code by hitting check button .

i think al should = 1 - this system may be overcharghed!!!!

AL 2 means suction Accumlator is High level.

This should only be displayed if the check switchs ao the outdoor PCB are set in a particular configuration.

Check the outdoor dip switch bank SW1 set all sw's to off position this the normal position. if the units is running then the system is not in Alarm.

However you could be overcharged or you could have some dirty filters. Could be a lot of things really

Send me an e-mail and I'll zip a manual and send it on to you

Hope this helps.

TG

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hey TG, nice offer but check the dates on this one
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

heh, just one remark, not so related to the subject, but i'm new, to mitsubishi VRV, and experimented, to DAIKIN VRV, and everyone says mitsubishi copies everithing from daikin and make somthin close or improve it, but no offens to mitsubishi ppl, but DAIKIN is faaaaarrrr away, in thech, documentation, and quality

sorry for my english

I disagree! In my opinion Mitsubishi is way better in VRF (it's Variable Refrigirant Flow) then Daikin!

VRV (Varaible Refrigirant Volume) is actually the wrong term 'cause the volume doesn't change, just the flow!!!

whelll flow is a "volume / period of time", so ... it's the same thing, anywhay it's just a term , i ment the eqhipment, it a big diference betwin them, do mitsubishi seling department say mitsubishi is bether then daikin

Working on both, I can safely say that they all are as bad as each other. (Steering well clear of the cheaper brands).

Where one manufacturer's VRV/F is weak another one is strong, life expectancy and service costs are all too similar to make a difference (again, for the better brands)

The difference comes when you design an installation.
    If you got a longish pipe run from the outdoor unit to the indoor units and the indoor units are relatively close together, then Mitsu wins (2 pipe between OU and BC box even for HR)

If there is long runs between individual indoor units and it would be hard to site a big BC box then it's Daikin.

Somewhere in the mixture there will be sites most suited for Toshiba's or Hitachi's as well.

When it comes to working on them, it is really down to which one you are most familiar with but if you know one of them then it's easy to work on the others as long as you got the manual.

There are some differences between their computerised service tools, the ones I works with's main differences being:

Daikin's Service checker has nice graphs with real time readings and selectable graphs, will let you store the files named by site/system ID BUT will only give you control functions on certain modern systems.

Mitsubishi's M-tool gives you full control of the system BUT you either have to have a PHD or the schematics of the system to understand what it's telling you and it takes forever to map the system, files are stored by date (Royal Pain in the Ar#e) and the readings are updated every other minute or so.

Toshiba's Dynadoctor has the most user-friendly layout with nice pictures of a system, faultfinding assistance and you can call the saved files whatever you want, again readings are real time BUT you will need different connectors for different systems (some of which are impossible to get hold of), if you connect to the outdoor unit then you will only see the sensors in the outdoor unit, if you connect to a MC box then only the sensors in the MC box and indoor units.

So which one to choose?
    In the real world ?
    Whichever one of the major brands that comes in the cheapest for your particular job, including the installation(at least here in UK).

Oh, back to the question about copying.
    When it comes to the VRV/F range, there are too many differences to accuse them of copying each other (Just remember that some brands are re branded, like Panasonic VRV's are built by Daikin)
    But if you look at splits instead, then my bet is that there only is one design department between all the Japanese manufacturers. Look at the way all the screws are in the same positions, the only real differences being cosmetics.
    Last edited by The Viking; 01-08-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Side tracked, sorry

'and everyone says mitsubishi copies everithing from daikin and make somthin close or improve it'

So why have no other munufacturer developed a two pipe heat recovery VRV / VRF system ?

City Multi is unique. No other other system in the world even similar.
    But many three pipe heat recovery Diakin copy VRV systems.

Viking
    whelll, some Mitsubishi ppl, say that Mitsubishi sees what daikin is doing, and makes somthing bether, at list all the ppl at Mitsubishi in Romania say that.
    but there are some big diferences, that it whouldn't bother u in a normal situation, but, like some split's don't have infraredremote controls, only if u put a reciver, daikin dose, and a lot of others, and, i don't see the situation like u, i see it like that, wherever and however u can put a Mitsubishi, u can put a daikin, but not the other way around.
    The single diference is the price, and it is a big and important.
    i don't say Mitsubishi are bad, they are god build and work nice, and i enjoy to work with them, but daikin has it's things that make the diference.

Thermatech
    true they have ther thing there, with the 2 pipes recovery, but daikin hase even more then one major thing, do i admit, 2 pipes recovery, is patented my mitsubishi

agree with you there devil, you cant always put the mitsi system in all applications....however at the moment another bug bearer of mine is Mitsi really dont care who they sell to, as a contractor I have seen them sell direct to M&E's of late and they appear to have this strategy in place......effectively these M&E's now are my competitor NG Bailey, Lorne Stewart etc etc - that they created.
    The company has about as much morals as "something with no morals" (said in monty python stylie!).

Daikin try their utmost IMO to support their core customers but it must be becoming difficult for them as im sure they lose work out of not approaching these contractors, so unless we are all willing to supoort them by buying their Kit, then im afraid we are making a rod for our own backs !!!

All manufacturers will sell to m&e companies. I know this because I price work for a few m&e companies and they buy the kit and we install.

As for Daikin they are one of the worst, they sell their kit to them with full discount.

It's all about the money and any business will do the same.

The m&e companies are so big they don't care about the warranty either. The jobs are so big that they will give 3,5 or even 10 years if that's what it takes to get the job. A compressor change is 'loose change' on a £5 million contract and they don't even have any fridge engineers employed.

just taken this one up with my rep - they will chillers to m&e thats it, not vrv.

but anyway heyho.

well here in Romania it's thw other way around, for example in my city whe are Daikin and mitsubishi dealers, but some time ago, one of our employee was fired and went to Daiking and they made tem local dealers to, and after some time, they went to mitsubishi and asked to be a local dealer to, and mitsubishi told them that they allready have a local deler and diverted tem to us, and finaly we ware since they made the other guis dealer i had to repair many of sistems instaled by them.

Like for example last weeck i went on a site and sow a daikin chiller 1 year in the warranty, that had the plate heat exchanger frozend and cracked but remember it was in warranty, and there whas a rat electrocuted in the unit, but tha pcb was ok, so they told the owner that the rat fired the pcb and had to be echanged, furtar mor we cald at Daiking and they requested the plate heat excahnger in warranty, finaly at the end of the discusion we offerd them half of the price they ascked to exchange the heat exchanger and that included the price that we had to pay for a new exchanger because of the foulty installation.

Sorry for my english

gary reynolds Guest

dose any one have toughts regarding sanyo vrf/ghp systems
    thanks gary

Wink Re: Mitsubishi vrv

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL View Post
    well here in Romania it's thw other way around, for example in my city whe are Daikin and mitsubishi dealers, but some time ago, one of our employee was fired and went to Daiking and they made tem local dealers to, and after some time, they went to mitsubishi and asked to be a local dealer to, and mitsubishi told them that they allready have a local deler and diverted tem to us, and finaly we ware since they made the other guis dealer i had to repair many of sistems instaled by them.

Like for example last weeck i went on a site and sow a daikin chiller 1 year in the warranty, that had the plate heat exchanger frozend and cracked but remember it was in warranty, and there whas a rat electrocuted in the unit, but tha pcb was ok, so they told the owner that the rat fired the pcb and had to be echanged, furtar mor we cald at Daiking and they requested the plate heat excahnger in warranty, finaly at the end of the discusion we offerd them half of the price they ascked to exchange the heat exchanger and that included the price that we had to pay for a new exchanger because of the foulty installation.

Unfortunately Daikin or Mitsubishi wouldnt have any control over their respective dealers when it comes to it.

On the Daikin chiller fault, im sure no manufacturer would cover a rat electrocuting itslef and blowing the PCB and as for frozen heat exchanger, without looking at the system i would be 99% sure that there was not enough glycol in the system - hence again no manufacturer would cover the warranty.....

p.s your english is better than my romanian !!

Hi Gary,

I work for Sanyo and have worked on Many GHP systems what do you want to know???????.

Personally I feel its a great system once its designed and installed correctly. Just like any VRF system.

Drop me a line if you need any info.

tonyduffy@sanyoaircon.com I can give you brochures etc but detailled Literature is only given to Sanyo agents. I'm sure you understand.

Regards

T

sriram Guest

hi,
    i am facing one prob in vrf system no brand name for that machine. In machine data plate its shows crv 300ds. No make name ,Setting procedure,no manual,i need to star the machine but i cannot,One outdoor connected with 8indoor. in outdoor 3 digit lcd display,and has one dipswitch having 8setting point. inddor is casatte type having 2 set of dip switch each set having 8 switches. Give somme idea how to star the machine. This machine made in china. The problem i am facing it i switch on 2 indoor comp is working more than 2 comp off and lcd display showing code no 004 any one can help me.