Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
Sounds like the employees got the hump with being reported and tried **** stiring to me. I'd look into fitting some data loggers to see whats going on when you are not there.

Maybe wire the door switch to the solenoid valve, would pump down soon as door opened then a time delay for restarting.

Years ago we had one where someone was turning the compressor off overnight, temperatures were always good in the day but meat was spoiling, wired a Tattletale across the isolator and found it blown the next day!
Yes that's what I meant when I wired it to shut the compressor off. I can't remember if I've ever used a data logger, I probably have but probably for something else.

Which make and model would you recommend?

The walkins are just bungled together economy off the shelf units, low - medium humidity, mainly covered produce and minimum meat, evaporators were fully icing up due to the doors being opened on the hot humid days.

As for connecting an evaporator pressure regulating valve, questions would certainly arise due to cost of the job and my reasons for doing it.

I haven't received any complaints that the units are not holding temperature or any word from REFCOM regarding the matter, maybe its because the weather has been cooler. I'm going to assume that I've solved the problem, or they are using someone else. If all the calls stop including the catering equipment calls, then I'll take it they have shoved me out.

Thank's for the replies.