Exclamation 2400 liter milk tank heat load

I need to install a refrigeration system to cool the 2400 liters of milk in one hour and the inlet temp is 25 deg and required temp is 4 deg....what will the system load and compressor selection please advice..

Re: 2400 liter milk tank heat load

Hi,

Are you sure ? do you want to cool the milk in one hour; if so the capacity roughly comes around 60KW . The compressor selection depends on the Refrigerant and the evaporator coil type. Generally two compressors/condensing units are used for such an application.

Re: 2400 liter milk tank heat load

Hi, shan.madabhavi

Quote Originally Posted by shan.madabhavi View Post
    I need to install a refrigeration system to cool the 2400 liters of milk in one hour and the inlet temp is 25 deg and required temp is 4 deg....what will the system load and compressor selection please advice..

You can use ice-bank system to produce ice over night and
    melt it during one hour to cool your milk from 25oC to 4oC ....

This is the normal system when you required to remove a huge amount of heat in a short time.

You can calculate this by yourself when you choose your equipment ...

Of course it is not bad idea to install two units as suggested by sendhilkmar in above post.

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.