Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Role call

Role call

Ok guys.....lets see who frequents these pages......

I work for MTK...been there for over 10 years noww based in Aldridge training centre.

John.

Re: Role call

Reeferjon,

Your based within spitting distance of one of my customers

Small world isn't it

regards,
    djbe.

I'm the technical trainer/ support guy for an HVAC wholesale company in Evansville, IN USA.

Best regards...

I'am reefer mechanic in western Canada. Independant shop, we work on everything.

Cheers,

ReeferMadness

Quote Originally Posted by mojopt
    I'm the technical trainer/ support guy for an HVAC wholesale company in Evansville, IN USA.
    Which company do you work for mojopt? Are you from the old NTCC group or one of the others?

Send me a PM if you prefer.

Willy Guest

Cool Re: Role call

Hi Guys
    Been around for a while in this lovely industry, started with MTK back in 1987 then moved to Carrier as training manager, then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager, been out in Dubai for the last 7 years working for TK. Just returned to the UK and living in Somerset.

started at grenco camberley now self employed.
    nothing to see here, move along..

Smile Re: Role call

Hi Guys
    Work for Thermo King NZ in Technical support and systems.
    Been in the game for 20 years.
    Been with TK, Carrier and back to TK.
    First 5 years spent commercial, Transport, Industrial.
    Decided to specialize in Transport.

Fridgie37.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferjon

I work for MTK...been there for over 10 years noww based in Aldridge training centre.

John.
    Hi John

I been working for Carrier Tranicold (Pullmans)for 4 years or so.......... before that I was with Thermotrans working on all sorts from TK & Carrier to Coke machines

Hope to be in Oz very soon/ Hopefully there will be some Australian engineers on here? Now in Oz (2 years on the Gold Coast) and loving it

M
    Last edited by thermo690; 05-12-2008 at 09:48 AM.

4 years at Finnish TK dealer acting as a product manager. Before this I worked at Carrier Transicold Finland and before that I had my own business repairing TK's, Carrier's and Lumikko's. Before that as a truck mechanic.

Strange and kind of frightening to see my life within few sentences

Lets keep the intro's coming guys.....nice to meet you all.

Amazing how small the world is becoming really.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    Hi Guys
    then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager,
    TRANSFRIG That brings back painfull memories, laying on the floor at the side of the trailer getting covered in mud and dirt. Saying that they were ahead of their time on the electric side running things.

Regards

Fatboy

Hi Guys,

5 Years at Turners (Soham ) Ltd. Large haulage contractor with about 200 units. Worked on everthing G & A and schmitz could through at us. TK, Carrier and TRANSFRIG !!!!! .

Now out of the transport game, got fed up of being called out at 2 in the morning to fill trailers up with fuel and bleed up

Regards

Fatboy

hi all
    since one year, i have been working in halliburton -iraq-
    before that i have been in yemen 2years, installing cold stors
    thanks,,,god be with all
    afeef

Hi Guys
    Been around for a while in this lovely industry, started with MTK back in 1987 then moved to Carrier as training manager, then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager, been out in Dubai for the last 7 years working for TK. Just returned to the UK and living in Somerset.

Small world indeed!..

Whilst out in Dubai. you may have bumped in to one or two of my trucks that we built at Arabian Profile Ltd ten years ago, they used TK exclusively, supplied by RTS in Rashadia, I knew PD Cooper who owned RTS quite well, hope that he is still OK
    Karl

hi guys,
    I graduated refrigeration installations and work only in this field for about 3 years now, at the beginning supervisor on site and now at the technical department. we do mostly supermarket installations. have changed 3 company's and one of them in the HVAC business where i was technical consultant for a group of products.
    "do not follow where the path may lead. go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson

Willy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hofmann
    Small world indeed!..

Whilst out in Dubai. you may have bumped in to one or two of my trucks that we built at Arabian Profile Ltd ten years ago, they used TK exclusively, supplied by RTS in Rashadia, I knew PD Cooper who owned RTS quite well, hope that he is still OK
    Yeah I know PD very well, he was my best mate out in Dubai. We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian. He is still doing well and in good form, I will tell him you were asking after him.
    Seen a couple of your boxes about over the years but the main players out there now are T.C.T.I and T.S.S.C.
    Dubai now is not the Dubai of old, everything must change but Dubai has not changed for the better and the ex-pats are leaving in droves!!!

Willy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rdocwra
    TRANSFRIG That brings back painfull memories, laying on the floor at the side of the trailer getting covered in mud and dirt. Saying that they were ahead of their time on the electric side running things.

Regards

Fatboy
    Yeah tell me about it I spent my time there travelling round the UK getting beat up by customers and engineers trying to make some sense of the PLC controllers.

Yeah I know PD very well, he was my best mate out in Dubai. We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian. He is still doing well and in good form, I will tell him you were asking after him.
    Seen a couple of your boxes about over the years but the main players out there now are T.C.T.I and T.S.S.C.
    Dubai now is not the Dubai of old, everything must change but Dubai has not changed for the better and the ex-pats are leaving in droves!!!
    Sorry to hear that Dubai has gone downhill. My boxes were alway the most expensive but were bloody tough. TCTI and TSSC were always cheap and nasty.

Ha the pub at the Airport hotel always used to be Biggles Bar, think I still have an old T shirt with I got bombed at biggles on it somewhere, doubt that I would recognise Dubai now, I'll raise a glass to PD, he saved my bacon numerous times
    Karl

We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian.
    Got to say - I've enjoyed a few pints of the black stuff at their outdoor tables

munyam Guest

Hie
    Im just joining Refrigeration.com. I am aMechanical Engineering graduate from the University of Zimbabwe and I graduated in 2002. Thereafter I joined the refrigeration Industry through a company that does HVAC for a year. Then I joined my current employers and we do domestic refrigeration and I am in Production. I would be grateful if I can find training to get me to the Commercial and industrial side. I need some mentoring , training or attachment. I have had some exposure in Commercial and industrial refrigeration. So help!

Munya

Hi Munya

Welcome to the forum

Being in Zimbabwe we must be talking of distance learning

I don't think we have any set learning courses on this forum but it is always rewarding reading other members posts.

Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.

Grazspur Guest

Post Re: Role call

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferjon

John.
    Hi John
    I also worked for MTK and believe I have been trained by you.
    I left MTK to work for Matthews Int Transport as company Fridge Engineer.

Nice to talk again.
    Graeme

Good to hear from you Graeme.....hows life on the east coast.

John.

munyam Guest

Well I would appreciate on the job trainng since my theory is considerable from school. I realise that It is better and faster to get mentorship considering my age I think that will be more fruitful. So if I can have a mentor the better. I think I need 6 months to one year for such mentorship to get me on my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    Hi Munya

Welcome to the forum

Being in Zimbabwe we must be talking of distance learning

I don't think we have any set learning courses on this forum but it is always rewarding reading other members posts.

Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.

I work for GAH (Refrigeration Products) Ltd, the manufacturing and sales side of GAH Transport Refrigeration.

Been with the company about 8 years, I am the Office Sales Manager, application, quotes etc and also the Parts Manager. Get a little invovled with purchasing (mainly sourcing).

Glad to meet you all.

Good Day everyone, Ive been working in ammonia refrigeration since 1990, production, service and mainly cold storage warehouses. This is a good forum to see how the rest of the world works.

Hello Guys,

Am a 1982 Mechanical Engineer and have a first Job in Air conditioning & Refrigeration company in January 1983. Work Hard for various companies in various positions for 9 years. Have been self employed as a Refrigeration guy since then.

Been lucky to discover your forum this month and have been enjoying each day reading as much post as possible. . .

Thanks to ALL those that Started this Forum and Keep it running all these years . . .

Good day Everybody
    I am a Chemical Engr. in cryogenic air seperation , heading operation, maintenance of very old to modern plant and also new project. Having water chillers using Ammonia, R11 and R22. Very much interested in HVAC. Fortunate to join this forum . Thanks to those great persons who started this forum.

Canadian Engineer working overseas, been in the Caribbean 8 years. Dan views me as a 'jack of all' which is better than being a 'jack off' I suppose

It's good to see a GAH man here, who's responsible for them nasty spin on driers

Not me, I just sell em LOL

We did have issues with them though, we used to use a standard "off the self" variety but for some reason supply became a problem.

We now manufacture our own version, with a larger thread, but unlike many of our competitors who have bespoke parts, our own part is cheaper than the previous off the shelf model. How novel !

I have worked on and designed a wide varity of equipment, mostly oil injected screw units, some centrifugal and recip unots. Everything from low temp cascade to high tempwater chilleing with a wide varity of refrigerants.

Currently employed by Toromont Energy Systems in Houston, Texas (http://www.toromontsystems.com. Been in the refrigeration business since 1970 and am a registered engineer.
    Ken

Yanmar Guest

Hi All New boy here, I had some great times with the guys from TF.... all overworked and underpaid...
    I was away from there before the plc's invaded.
    Anyone know what happened to Neville Tubb????

Another MTK employee, although on the admin side of things....

Always appreciating my engineers working hard, whatever the weather!

Reeferjon, are you still MTK? I'm involved with Aldridge (WOLVES!!) depot, based over in Cambridge. Would be interested to hear from you if you are.... hopefully some interesting times in store for MTK?
    Last edited by MTKkeefy; 21-10-2006 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Bad English!

l33ned Guest

I Work for GAH in south wales, been in the trade for 12 years ,and 7 with GAH and on call every day getting hard to switch off now

Hey Keefy.
    Yep still here......got a first name

John.

Yup, Keith :-)

It must be your units that we occasionally swipe parts off of is it? I hope you got your idler pulley back!

I'm afraid I don't know too much about your side of things, or who's involved with it, but I'm sure you'll know Neil, Paul & the engineers. Is it true that Ron is `half man half machine`, given the amount of work he gets through?!

Only involved in the invoicing side of things myself, but always like to think I can make my job easier / more productive by knowing roughly what I'm talking about, hence ending up on here looking something up!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Keith

john are you still taking mtk trainees to hotel at junction 10 ?

what happened to tom and the rest of thermotrans men ?does anyone know of craig bells wereabouts?

i work for a hotel in Bermuda looking after the Refrigeration and Airconditioning

I have been in the industry for nearly 4 yrs
    employed as an apprentice for the last 2 yrs , at a
    manufacturing firm in Australia.

We deal in display cabinets and impulse buy cabinets.

www.orford.com.au
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

john, hows mtk these days ?,must be at least 3 year s since i came on one of your training courses,is jim box still on the firm ?

Yet more changes at MTK, hopefully for the better!

Atlast a CEO who seems to want to get the job done!

If MTK were a publicly traded company, now would be the time to buy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferjon View Post

John.
    is it same old marshalls treat you like mushrooms keep feeding you bull\sh idid 26years in 2sessions

Have been in the refrigeration field for the last 42 years. It has been my own family business and now am running the show. We undertake the complete projects in refrigeration and special application of air conditioning like for severe and high ambient conditions as for Steel Plants and Coal Mines, Refrigeration is mostly either Post Harvest conditioning, or Low Temperature application as for Ice Cream or Blood Banks etc. From designing to execution but generally with halocarbons.

Quote Originally Posted by clivemtk View Post
    is it same old marshalls treat you like mushrooms keep feeding you bull\sh idid 26years in 2sessions
    Which depot? I feel like a mushroom today.

Quote Originally Posted by MTKkeefy View Post
    Which depot? I feel like a mushroom today.
    warrington mtk used to be top dog now you are just a number more care for their engineers and less on pda and trackers might not go a miss

Quote Originally Posted by l33ned View Post
    I Work for GAH in south wales, been in the trade for 12 years ,and 7 with GAH and on call every day getting hard to switch off now
    LW by any chance?

3 years at TK Norway. Mostly installation

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast