Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zanotti

Zanotti

Has anyone had anything to do with these reefers?? They are starting to show up in western canada now. I have hit the website and i'm impressed with the BTU ratings for these units. The body jobs are the only ones that i have seem in real life. Any information about them would be greatly apprieciated.

Reefermadness

Re: Zanotti

Quote Originally Posted by reefermadness
    Has anyone had anything to do with these reefers?? They are starting to show up in western canada now. I have hit the website and i'm impressed with the BTU ratings for these units. The body jobs are the only ones that i have seem in real life. Any information about them would be greatly apprieciated.

Reefermadness
    well the latest news on Zanotti UK is that they have gone bust..................The main service contracts have gone to Carrier and Michael Wards.........The factory in Italy will be selling direct in to the UK

Reefermadness I sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by thermo690
    well the latest news on Zanotti UK is that they have gone bust..................
    No surprise there then, based on who was involved running the U.K operation.

Does Zanotti manufacture refrigeration units for airline catering? How does this match up with Thermo King units?

Quote Originally Posted by reefermadness
    Has anyone had anything to do with these reefers?? They are starting to show up in western Canada now. I have hit the website and I'm impressed with the BTU ratings for these units. The body jobs are the only ones that i have seem in real life. Any information about them would be greatly appreciated.

Reefermadness

Hi m8 I've brunt the DVD and it'll be in the post tomorrow.
    I've added a bit more info, so have fun.

Martin

Zanotti Transport Refrigeration was going bust, but Zanotti UK is the new company 100% from Italy distributing Zanotti

Quote Originally Posted by thermo690 View Post
    Hi m8 I've brunt the DVD and it'll be in the post tomorrow.
    I've added a bit more info, so have fun.

Martin
    if you need info about Zanotti I will send you evevrything

Well, i have finally had a little something to do with the Zanotti brand. They have left a bad taste in my mouth. In Canada, they chose to distribute everything through Montreal. There is a little problem with that. All literature is in French!! The parts manuals, maintance manuals and everything else is just plain sad. As far as the actual reefers themselves..... great when their running.... never ending electrical problems.... poor controllers.... can't make the cold weather....

Perhaps i just got some bad luck.. I have had most to do with Perkins powered 465, 495 body jobs. I have seen the CDN prototype of the nose mount reefer.... nothing impressive yet. They don't even have Zanotti belts!! We have to use jobber on them.

Anywho, if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

ReeferMadness

PS: i think i need a mint?

A bit off topic, but who is the actual purchaser of reefer condensing units? The truck trailer producers?

I'm not 100% sure of the main buyers of transport units, I'd imagine something like Hubbard and Gah, the body builders are the main bulk buyers with the transport repair firms after that?
    Withe regard to Thermo king and Carrier, maybe the dealers being the biggest purchaser which then sell to body builders? I'm not sure, kinda guessing there..

Zanotti transport refrigeration was just a name, the actuall company behind the operation was refrigeration ATP, i was unlucky enough to be working for them when someone run off with all the money cough cough sorry the company went into administration

Quote Originally Posted by cupidstunt79 View Post
    Zanotti transport refrigeration was just a name, the actuall company behind the operation was refrigeration ATP, i was unlucky enough to be working for them when someone run off with all the money cough cough sorry the company went into administration
    You have my sympathies, I'm sure you and many of the other employees of refrigeration ATP didn't know they were working for one of the biggest d*#kheads in the business. Only his inner circle would have known what a crook he was, just look at his past record.

It's a shame really because I would guess that Zanotti is quite a reputable company. So this sorry little episode has only served to tarnish their reputation in the transport refrigeration trade.

As far as their fridges go I've only had the pleasure of attending a breakdown to one, a 495 I think. The compressor is nice bit of kit but the way everything else clunked, banged and leaked fluids reminded me of an old LOC!!!

And what is with the in cab controller?? Took me most of the job to figure out how to get the hours on the display.

Although there seem to be a few floating around I can't really see them seriously competing with Carrier, TK or for that matter Frigoblock in the UK.

Anyway, hope you've got yourself sorted with a new job

Cool Re: Zanotti

Quote Originally Posted by djbe View Post
    You have my sympathies, I'm sure you and many of the other employees of refrigeration ATP didn't know they were working for one of the biggest d*#kheads in the business. Only his inner circle would have known what a crook he was, just look at his past record.

It's a shame really because I would guess that Zanotti is quite a reputable company. So this sorry little episode has only served to tarnish their reputation in the transport refrigeration trade.

As far as their fridges go I've only had the pleasure of attending a breakdown to one, a 495 I think. The compressor is nice bit of kit but the way everything else clunked, banged and leaked fluids reminded me of an old LOC!!!

And what is with the in cab controller?? Took me most of the job to figure out how to get the hours on the display.

Although there seem to be a few floating around I can't really see them seriously competing with Carrier, TK or for that matter Frigoblock in the UK.

Anyway, hope you've got yourself sorted with a new job
    Also the factory in Italy didn't know. Sorry for them! I know anyway now they are re-organising a new company, Zanotti UK, and they are ready to move on again with some new serious people.
    The units are good as the others as you can see many of them around everywhere in Europe and many other countries.
    I guess the problem was that the crook was not able to organise the service for them properly as they have done from Italy in other countries.....in reefer business this is making a big difference.
    I'm sure they will be back soon anyway..as I sure tehy have a big potential.....just saw some time ago on teh TK web site reserved area a page dedicated to a comparison between TK and Zanotti (not Carrier)...it means to me they worry about Zanotti as they can see a potential.

if you need more info in english on Zanotti these are available also in Canada through their web site, I guess it's not difficult to check it out or give them a call there.
    As far as the non Zanotti belts...well....maybe it's not too bad as it's easier and cheaper to find them on the market so we can make a bit more money and faster!!!!!!!!
    If you need info on Zanotti contact me I have everything mate!

Hi ZSPA,

Do you work for Zanotti?

regards,djbe

The Zanotti reefer was sold through out the USA and Canada for 4 years without manuals or wiring schematics and information. There are still no parts manuals yet for some models. For instance, the Perkins in the dfz 465 is listed as one parts number. Try getting parts for the engine when they don't "exist". As well, if you are looking for English literature, then i would suggest England. In Canada the manuals are in French!! Then they are converted to English by people that can barely speak it, nevermind read and write. The grammer is so bad that its hard to even get the jist of it. All of Zanotti is based out of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

In addition, i don't think that the nose mount will make one winter in here. None of the electrical connections are sealed......... thats right, butt connections. Very poor selection for placement of the alt, and many other components.

The biggest reason they are not going to sell in North America...... they cost more. Even if the dealers blow them out for cost, they are still more than TK and Carrier.

Anywho........i feel better know.

ReeferMadness

hi any one got any idea for mg monoblock monual instroction

Zanotti was operational in India for almost 15 years & we were the sole selling agents for them. The performance was quite impressive & we had done no of installations in Ice cream plants, Floriculture, Fish processing areas etc.

Recently Zanotti Family had some problems. There Key person left & started his own company, Technoblock & took over majority of Zanotti's business. Plus now they have a financial company now as an equity holder & it is true that they are facing some problems.
    On the Truck units, the however, the experiece was not good at all. Thermokin/ Carrier are the best bets.

We had over 1500 Units of Zanotti all over India & even in Antartica ( with a heater on Condenser coil) We also had sepcial projects for Explosive atmosphere as well as for CA rooms.

REEFER-TEK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post

Reefermadness
    I have seen them.,but not yet have had the opportunity to get up close and personal yet, I to was impressed with there BTU ratings, The guys at Jon Jo in missauga canada sell these units you may want to ask there group, tell them shawn from Reefer-Tek sent you. Also if you can get any info on these, I would be genuinly be grateful.

do you have wiring diagrams for truck units in english willing to pay for postage maybe on c\d clive

REEFER-TEK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clivemtk View Post
    do you have wiring diagrams for truck units in english willing to pay for postage maybe on c\d clive
    Everything I have is for CTC,TK, complete transport product line Truck ,Trailer, Bus, APU, Marine container, and Gensets,

Mitsuibishi Marine container also parts and service.

I have nothing on zanotti.

I would like some info but am striking out there.

With all respect to Zanotti, I would be inclined to agree with SMP45 from India- they made a good reputation in the static/commercial refrig field but perhaps have some ground to cover on the diesel powered transport equip.
    Some trial trailer and diesel truck struggled in high ambient tests down in Australia as I heard it. Most European firms make the pitfall of sending ATP 30deg C approved stuff over to the tropics and learn the hard way. Dont know reputation on their o.e.d stuff ( off engine drive)but not seen much in Asia -Pac region.

Is it true that owner/management of Eliwell recently bought into Zanotti? or other way around?
    Remember what Augustus once said:
    "festina lente" - make haste, slowly!

Re: Zanotti and Refrigerated Transport mag

Just looking through the Nov edition of a US monthly mag called "Refrigerated Transporter" (www.refrigeratedtrans.com) - it may be worth overseas subscription for those of you in the cold chain links. USD 50 per annum for (sic)'Foreign surface mail'.

This month, it has the annual buyer's guide for insulated truck& trailer body manufacturers plus the refrigeration units themselves. Last month featured truck chassis and road tractors.

TK , Carrier feature as usual .... also this time " New World Zanotti" are in there.
    TK & Carrier quote capacities , as they always did in the Americas, at ARI conditions , namely ....

100degF ambient ( +37.8C)
    then box temps of 0 degF ( -18C) & -20degF (-29C)

NOTE : New World Zanotti quote numbers based on the European ATP ambient standard which is

Ambient +30degC ( 86degF)

and box temps of -4degF (-20C) and -20F
    (-29C).

<<Normally ATP in Europe shows capacities at 30C amb for
    0 degC / -10 degC / -20degC as I understand >>

Company name for those guys in US and Canada is :

New World Zanotto Transblock Inc,
    2275 De la Province,
    #200, Longueuil QC, Canada J4G 1GB.
    sorry, they did not submit email or tel#.

regards
    T-P

I know for sure that Zanotti ref in trucks is now a days making very good business & is giving a tough time to Thermoking as well as to Carrier. The design engg team is excellent by any standards & they had taken over other company for this truck ref. systems. After initial hiccups, they are now wback with good design features & they know what they sell & what they design.

I can get any ifnormation on them, their technical details etc. Pl send me PMS

Hi SMPSMP45,

you sure changed your tune quite a bit since your August 13 posting !!! .
    What changed your mind ....

"
    Recently Zanotti Family had some problems. There Key person left & started his own company, Technoblock & took over majority of Zanotti's business. Plus now they have a financial company now as an equity holder & it is true that they are facing some problems.
    On the Truck units, the however, the experiece was not good at all. Thermokin/ Carrier are the best bets. "

end quote

Did you have a dark visitor from Italy perhaps? Related to the Corleone family or ....

I know some contacts for them. They have been bugging me to be a dealer for years.
    Stay tuned and I will check it out.

i would like to know what kinds of compressor in Zanotti units ?

best regards

I have heard of many engine problems, but recently there has been some improvements in this area.

I have somke hot sheets on these units in regards to TK testing in there R&D labs, and makes direct comparisons on 100 degrees simulations which are more commonly found here in differnt seasons of the year.

I am glad tk was able to do this in regards to find out true BTU ratings and comparisons to the ARI specifications of measurements and testings. I admit I was fooled by the BTU ratings in the beggining but soon as I saw an honest comparison, and soon learned of the marketing gimicks.

zanottis are not popular in my area, It hink people are looking for other options and more choices, but still the consumer here knows what both TK and CTC bring to the Market in value. I dont believe Zanotti will do well in my area, at least not while there are people like me here educating them.

Regards A-Z
    Last edited by absolute-zero; 28-01-2008 at 04:18 PM.

They use, among others, also our compressors (FRASCOLD).

The original DFZ430 had a sad little piston style compressor that was also used on Freightliner A/C. Sold a few of those!

sam4000 Guest

Unhappy Re: Zanotti

Quote Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post

Reefermadness
    The ac electric motors in stand-by units are 50 cycle not 60 as canada

Quote Originally Posted by sam4000 View Post
    The ac electric motors in stand-by units are 50 cycle not 60 as canada
    Huh, where did that come from?
    I think I have been confused.....

Heres a summary of what I know about electric motors.

Basically, motors are designed to meet nameplate performance. Although 3-phase AC motors will operate at a wide range of speeds, their performance will change as a function of the applied frequency. Maintaining the proper volts per hertz will allow a given motor to operate over an extended speed range with constant torque.

Running a 60Hz motor at 50 Hz alone does not cause the motor to overheat, but without a proportional decrease in voltage, the motor will overheat. By increasing the volts/hertz by running the motor at 460V, the 50Hz motor will saturate, causing overheating.

By reducing the voltage to 380 volts, the motor will produce rated torque at a lower base speed. Overheating of a motor is always application dependent. Motor lifetime is more dependent on the operating temperature of the motor, so application and proper volts/hertz will affect the lifetime of the motor.

Be cautious with the load applied, if the motor is coupled to a device like a fan, and the same original assembly is connected to 60 Hz, the mechanical power demand will increase with the cubic power of the fan speed increase.

A-Z

Zanotti is just a italian supplier (sory guys). Sale the unit and ask me in 8 years again for replacement. No aftersales. No Parts. No support. Bank Holliday the whole summer. The chief engeneer was from Carrier Europe. So it's near by the same. Compressors are from BOCK. I've arranged the mounting for the airportunits. Now we got problems with the compressor mounting kit from autoclimate. The decision to take Zanotti for this deal was not based on the unit. There are familar connections between Zanotti an the financier on the airportdeal.

In australia ZANOTTI have had many issues with back up after sales service, as warranty was not getting paid to the companies doing warranty work on them, also here we have many electrical problems with them, mainly the 465 and 495, the alternators seem to go through brush sets like it is fuel, also in my experience there cheap here so companies that buy them really cant afford the heavy repair bills that these units can manage to generate, just be careful of the people that buy them. Transfrig is trying to move into the oz market, have you had any thing to do with them, any good or stay away?

ZANNOTTI Steer well clear a few Blue Chip companies
    in the UK have been well burned.
    Engines, compressors and about every other item
    you could think of fails
    Totally unreliable transport unit

[QUOTE=SKOOBY;98070]
    Engines, compressors and about every other item
    you could think of fails
    [/QUOTE

Yes they do, but that could be said of all manufacturers. I would disagree on the compressors because for the most part they are Bock and usually very good.

The difference is the back up is not good, spares availability is poor and more importantly technical support. The wiring diagrams and manuals do not give enough info. to allow a decent engineer to trace a problem.

I know that if i go to a TK or Carrier with a wiring problem that I can trace it micro or no micro. And more importantly possibly get the unit going if I don't have the parts.

If I go to a Zanotti with a wiring problem I know that I can trace it....... back to the circuit boards then no further info. If you try to get back up nobody seems to know.

Maybe they will learn and change but remember they are from italy, remind me of the fridge version of an Alfa Romeo cool like F**K but the electrics are S**T.

Hi Guys ,Just to let you know that ZANOTTI now own Hubbard Transport Refrigeration and have renamed the company Hubbard Products and all units built buy Hubbard are badged HUBBARD by Zanotti.So zanotti are here to stay. Hubbard are still based in Ipswich but nowkeep a stock of zanotti spares on the shelf.

I hope they have a large stock of parts as they will
    need them.
    Also the parts are very expensive.As i said before totally unreliable.
    They may have Bock compressors but with all the other problems these fail also

I have never seen a service manual or wiring scheme on zanotti unit.. I have been to the website but nothing really publicated for the engineer.

They are available but you have to have password etc simalar toTK dealer Web site,
    You would probably be better off with a box of matches and weigh in for scrap than repair one

Quote Originally Posted by absolute-zero View Post
    I have never seen a service manual or wiring scheme on zanotti unit.. I have been to the website but nothing really publicated for the engineer.
    I have a disk that says Zanotti on it. I will see if I can wash the beer can ring off it and see whats in there. I just assumed it was to make pretty rainbow colors on my wall from the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by abbsnowman View Post
    I have a disk that says Zanotti on it. I will see if I can wash the beer can ring off it and see whats in there. I just assumed it was to make pretty rainbow colors on my wall from the sun.
    I dont see any Zanottis in my area, so the need for parts or service publications, is not really needed at this time. I just would have liked to read up on them in case one ever showed up in my back yard with problems.

Just hope they don,t turn up in your back yard.
    You may need medication

Quote Originally Posted by SKOOBY View Post
    You may need medication
    I think there is a cream for that!

Quote Originally Posted by SKOOBY View Post
    You may need medication
    My area is full of Thermo King, In a Carrier town Syracuse NY. We have both product lines here but TK seems to be taking the market share very strong.

Skooby do you service many Zanottis? I was talking to rep from Zanotti the other day, the gentlemen I talked to sure would like to move there product line in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by absolute-zero View Post
    My area is full of Thermo King, In a Carrier town Syracuse NY. We have both product lines here but TK seems to be taking the market share very strong.

Skooby do you service many Zanottis? I was talking to rep from Zanotti the other day, the gentlemen I talked to sure would like to move there product line in my area.
    Was his name Zolli? If so tell him I said hi!

Quote Originally Posted by abbsnowman View Post
    Was his name Zolli? If so tell him I said hi!
    His name was Julio Gonzalez

Yes we maintain a large amount.When they came into the UK.They were marketed through a franchise
    person.I think he was related to the late AL CAPONE.
    They should have set up a proper dealer network with professionals and they would have had a buffer.
    Instead a lot of operators are stuck with units that are allways failing.They purchased Hubbard and market them under the Hubard name now to try and get some credability.Frigoblock are very strong now
    0n distribution trucks.I am a TK man at heart Carrier Vector has had the market but the SLX will change that

myreefer Guest

Hey guys,
    I've seen Zanotti units at truck show and also spoke to gentlement at show and know little bit about them. Well, through their products and base on my experience with reefers, Zanotti sale in North America is not quite as much as TK or CT, reason being is their price is too high which compare to CT and just little bit lower than TK base on same BTU with compare to their competitors. Their control panel kinda confuse users a lot (atleast with me) not friendly like CT or TK. The image of unit is kinda look like TK but the guts is CT. But there is one thing good is unit run quitely and less vibration than TK & CT and specially in standby mode. Yes, they use Perkin engine and Bock compressor on their products. Like other said: wiring is unseal and even the logic board ( this suck and cheapy). The bracketry system more firmer than their compatitors & that's greater than CT nor TK. ONE THING WHAT I THINK IS IMPORTANT FOR THEM IS LOWER THEIR PRICE WHEN FIRST START IN N.A SO ATLEAST COMSUMER WILLING TO TRY OUT. There is slow sale so their support is kinda slow also which I heard. Any unit which doesn't matter it make by CT or TK still have a problem either electrical nor mechanical and if you are a reefer tech you should know that as well as Zanotti so face the true those. TK is alsway have problem with electrical, CT is mechanical problem. So what the deal, face it as you choose. At result, no one perfect..... ZANOTTI.... PRICE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT.... that only thing I, personally concern.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast