Thread: Door Seals!!

Door Seals!!

Iam ususally involved in Air Conditioing but my company has taken on some kitchens.

I have a problem installing door seals on foster freezers. I start by putting the seal in each of the four corners then push in the sides.
    The problem is that after a few days the sides start coming out of the groove. I ve tried pressing them in but the seal appears to be too long for the fridge door (it puckers in the middle)-
    Ive given up today as my thumb hurts but will return to site tommorow (fitting new drain heater)- any tips on door seals??????

rbartlett Guest

Re: Door Seals!!

always a pain to fit DG's always seem too big for the frame. I usually start at a top corner and get half way down then push it up so the bottom corner lines up.

Still doesn't always work mind.

We have a customer with 4 restaurants whcih need approx 50 gaskets between them. I for one don't fancy it so currently investigating these chaps

http://www.seal-it-uk.co.uk/

cheers

richard

Quote Originally Posted by aeb200
    Iam ususally involved in Air Conditioing but my company has taken on some kitchens.

I have a problem installing door seals on foster freezers. I start by putting the seal in each of the four corners then push in the sides.
    The problem is that after a few days the sides start coming out of the groove. I ve tried pressing them in but the seal appears to be too long for the fridge door (it puckers in the middle)-
    Ive given up today as my thumb hurts but will return to site tommorow (fitting new drain heater)- any tips on door seals??????
    We fit loads of foster door gaskets, they can sometimes be tricky especially if the plastic retainer has closed up a bit, you sometimes have to use a smooth flat headed s/driver to help it in the grooves, but be careful you don't puncture it, we have also used diluted fairy liquid at times, but you are doing it right, just a bit of a knack to it sometimes and they always seem to large, but do shrink in time, another tip is to switch the freezer off & leave the door open until it warms up a little, so the old gasket is easier to remove without breaking the brittle retainer, switch off from the socket as the front facia switches are v/dodgy. DON'T FORGET TO SWITCH IT BACK ON !!(not that i have ever done that you understand !!!)

cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve
    I'll try the fairy liquid in a hot bucket of water-see if it works
    regards alex

The hot water usually seems to do the trick.
    If it was easy everyone would do it.