Thread: Turbocor

Turbocor

Anyone familiar with a type of smaller centrifugal compressor from Turbocor? Rather advanced technology here, from what I've read they have a 60-90 TR range centrifugal that uses mag-lev bearings among other things to achieve +35 % efficieny gain over similar recip's. and screws. The mag-lev bearing deal needs no oil, oil pump, etc. Just a good UPS system and back up bearings.
    They do have a website but not much there yet. I saw it an a trade publication advertisement.
    Mike Hopkins

Re: Turbocor

Investigated this a year ago. Talked to a sales rep and a technical engineer. My application is +5 degrees F and they were concerned about condensation in the electrical components which are mounted on the body of the comp. They were kind enough to send through the mail a DVD with a lot of information and literature. They told me to keep checking in since they are working on covering lower temp applications. I understand it works great for AC.

They are supposedly quieter, which would help with hearing loss

The company is in Canada and I've received one DVD from it. It should be a good product but I've not seen they are applied . Maybe it's in the promotion stage.

rgds
    LC
    I hear...I forget;I see...I remember;I do...I understand

I've received the DVD by mail and sounds great , but never seen an application here using it . . . . till now
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Hi guys,

I have a client who has been talking about using these compressors for some refrigeration applications. If the project moves forward I will let you know how the compressors work.