Quote Originally Posted by n2ri View Post
I see mostly a large percentage of very confused and misinformed techs in this thread. as I find on many of these web forums (why I do not and recommend my HVAC students not mess with most of these). not a good source of facts.

does anyone here even know what the abbreviations below stand for?

TEV =

TXV =

EEV =

AEV =

and what the other 10 plus types of metering devices are and how they work? (e.g. not in series with another metering device). why do you think AEVs are no longer adjustable as they once where?

I can tell you from my own 40+ years experience in the field. anyone that services an Refrigeration system in the field and starts adjusting (re-engineering) the metering device (which has been working properly in the past year or more). is an idiot wasting his/her time and money as well as your boss's and customers, and will demean any reputation of having been a competent service tech/company to depend on for future business (while at the same time making the entire HVACR industry look bad).

also whom every was ranting on about their SUPER DUPER SCIENTIFIC COMPUTERIZED LAZER GUILDED LABORATORY TESTER, needs a reality check. this ain't lab equipment in a controled environment you are working on here. this is in the feild, run hard and maybe put away wet (if at all) machines.

so lets check the BS at the computer desk and stop spreading ignorance all over the World Wide Web

Thank you, Mitch
I just compared the numbers. You are 51 years old. You have 40+ years of field experience. Did you go to the field from kindergarten?