Thanks Marc, I've sent a PM.

Peter, I have done maintenance on Absorp machines before so they are not that much of a strange animal. This machine is fairly quiet in operation and I'm only just getting a feel for it. From what I've seen so far the HW inlet temp is low and the Torre guage is missing. I've done a De-crystalisation cycle and purged the machine but don't yet know what the internals are like as I'm waiting for the bush to be delivered which will allow the new Torre gauge to be fitted.

I've arranged to return next week to take samples of the refrigerant (de-ionised water) and the absorbant so that they can be analysed. Until I know what the vacuum level is, whether it has an air leak, what the concentrations are etc. I'm just guessing as to the cause.

just like normal though, we have only been called in when the "on site maintenance" team have been tinkering and the company who used to carry out planned maintenance have not bothered to leave passwords for the controller, log books etc. so we are starting from scratch.