Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien
I didn't get that one.

How much time are you supposed to give yourself with the test? I try to select the first intuitively correct answer and then of course quickly move on. To get questions like the one above correct I would have pause and go into a form of dedicated thought doing a bit of calculation and thought experimentation.
Obviously time is important, that’s why it doesn't make much sense to compare results from the net where the tests are not timed.

Anyway, you have some time, and instantly you look for patterns. In a number sequence, if the first number is a known prime, you check for primes. If the first is a known square, you check for squares, if the second is one third of the first you check for that.

Checking for all the usual suspect doesn't take time as this is done automatically. If the answer does come almost instantly, you can decide to rely on your intuition.

But what is intuition? The brain recognizes a pattern, you don’t see? This is certain to fail in cases like this. This is a calculated, constructed example, which doesn't lend itself to intuition.

It is my experience anyway, if I don’t see the pattern in this types of test, I likely get it wrong.

Saludos