Model Specs:
    Samsung Quatro Cool
    # RM257ABRS (USA model)
    R134a - 7.6 ounces
    Compressor:
    115 VAC
    # BK190CL2X/E03

History:
    Lost cooling six months ago, had Samsung repair man out. He added 4 oz UV dye R134a and came back 2 weeks later to check pressure. Pressure was ok.
    One week later lost cooling again. Different repairman said cannot find leak – leaking internally. Samsung replaced fridge. New fridge in place, old one still sitting in garage.

Problem:
    My wife LOVES the Quatro, hates the new S/S. Samsung no longer makes Quatro, or we would have gotten it instead of the S/S. Unhappy wife asked if I could look at the Quatro. I decided to break out my tools and see if I can find and fix the internal leak. I ripped out the guts of the fridge down to the evap coils. Used UV light to look for leaks, expecting dye everywhere. Nothing.

Hooked up to low side tap (installed by first repairman) and checked pressure while compressor was running – 0 PSI. Turned off and evacuated down to -24 PSI. Turned off Vac Pump and let sit for about 30 min – maintained vacuum of -22 PSI. Added 7.6 ounces of Dyed R134a, ran for about an hour. No frost on evap coils, compressor VERY hot (could touch for only a second). Running at about 60-70 PSI (on low side, no tap installed on high side.)

It is as if the compressor is trying to push the R134 but not getting anywhere. I have a lot of experience with Auto R134 systems, but not with refrigerators. I am not opposed to flushing system, replacing filter/dryer, compressor etc. to get this running again. Happy wife = happy me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Samsung Quatro Not Cooling

I don't like sophisticated fridges.
    As I remember correctly, they meant to cool and freeze food only but now there are too much electronic, too little copper in the tubes and the life expectancy is too short.

R-134a is a cleaning solvent and a very good one, it blocks the little driers very quick.

I would suggest you to install 1\4 drier 052 size and charge the fridge slowly until it runs fine and see if you loose charge.

sounds like compressor not pumping as low side pressure is staying high

Change the compressor or change the wife.... Whichever is more satisfying....
    Karl