shogun7 Guest

Building Conditions Can Hurt Student Performance

Poor school building conditions, such as inefficient air conditioning and excessive noise, can be harmful to student academic achievement, an expert testified in a trial challenging the way Texas funds public education. Building conditions ranging from lighting to overcrowding can impact student achievement by as much as 17 percentage points, said Glen Earthman, a Virginia Tech professor who prepared an expert report for the plaintiff school districts in the case. He cited one study that found that any temperature over 74°F (23°C) harms students' math and science scores.
    Last edited by shogun7; 10-09-2004 at 02:48 AM.

Re: I'm going to the pub dear

He cited one study that found that any temperature over 74°F (23°C) harms students' math and science scores.
    Thats got to be true 'cause the other day when it was 24C here in Nottingham I got short changed in the pub without realising

Normally I'm good at mental arithmatic

shogun7 Guest

Re: Building Conditions Can Hurt Student Performance

"conditions, such as excessive noise, can be harmful to student academic achievement".

I too, Frank seem to suffer Post Traumatic Stress disorder and deminished IQ when all the grandkids finally leave after a family gettogather