Samsung RL33 fault (srl317np) ?

Hey guys, i just stumbled across this forum and i must say that im very impressed, a wealth of info on here for sure!!

Anyway, back to my query. I have inherited a samsung refrigerator which is sold here in New Zealand as a SRL317np. Looking on the net this may also be referred to as an RL33 or RL33EBMS.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it runs fine for a week or so then stops dead giving funny readings on the display and defrosts the freezer. its got one of those constantly rotating dampers in the freezer which from what i understand gives more than its fair share of trouble. Apparently there is a kit available for this fault, can anyone supply me with a service manual and or the kit part number? I havnt looked at it in a while so cant recall if it is coming up "rd". It seems like more of a FC sensor fault but from what i understand this kit comes with a new sensor, heater and damper?

any advise aprecieated

cheers, steve

Re: Samsung RL33 fault (srl317np) ?

If its an RL33 appliance, as sold in UK, then fault is almost always open circuit defrost heater.

Re: Samsung RL33 fault (srl317np) ?

Hmmm, im pretty sure from memory it was doing a defrost? just not coming out of it? as i said, its like a sensor or pcb fault. the defrost termination sensor lets it defrost but not start up again? I will plug it back in this weekend and see what the storyt is.

Anyone know how to force a defrost using the electronics? or have a resistance table for the sensors?

Im Fisher and paykel trained and know their fridges like the back of my hand however samsung is another story!! Not many in this country!!