Cool Zen and refrigeration engineers

This is just to see if any one out there has experienced this before, it only happens to me in the summer when the calls come flooding in.
    It always starts after the first job of the day, then I seem to go into auto pilot Buddhists call it a state of mindfulness you are not thinking about anything just being in that moment, I can travel from one job to the next not knowing how I got there always find a parking place before hand I seem to know what’s wrong with the piece of kit. Repair it and float on, onto the next and so on all day every thing is just right, but as in life you have yen and yan you get crapy days.
    But has any one out there had the same feeling
    www.on-the-tools.co.uk
    Last edited by jan behnke; 23-05-2004 at 10:23 AM.

Re: Zen and refrigeration engineers

Hi Jan,
    I get it all the time travelling around the M25.
    One Min i am leaving Watford the next Min i am pulling off it at the M11 junction, What happenened in between did i fall asleep if so why am i not in the central reservation .

Definate autopilot taking over or maybe its just that i spend so much time on that road that there is never anything new to register in my mind.

Regards

Raymond

But don't you find its funny you know what the fault is before you get there, or is it that i have been doing this job to long

Hi jan

Or when you make an abbreviated note in your diary on the monday of where you have just been,then when you come to do your time sheet on the friday the abbreviated note means nothing.Thats what I love about this job your weekends last longer than your weekdays even though you can put in 60 hours plus.

I,m sure someone will come up with a moral to that statment

Regards

Bernard

Talking Re: Zen and refrigeration engineers

Hi Bernard
    I think the ability to alter time is some thing a engineer can do, like when you are traveling and are getting paid overtime you seem to travel slower especially on a Sunday

Red face Re: Zen and refrigeration engineers

Hello Lads
    Another one is when you think I have been through this before ie down to the same words and I dont mean a call back!! Ground Hog Day!
    Regards Dave

Auto route is another, I can navigate to most places on auto pilot but when it comes to giving someone direction I,m hopeless.

Or the days when you find that parking space outside the shop everytime unfortunately there is also the days when you need your bergan and boots

Regards

Bernie

deja vu,

this is what its called but if you dont keep your eyes on the traffic, eventualy you will find yourself rapped arround a light post.

chemi

Hope not I don,t get sick pay

Bernard