Question Thermo King on truck box

I got this unit model # STB11E, B/M 711552, series 0863573767
    The compressor is mounted on the engine(Sanden)
    The condenser above the cab. When the system is activated by the switch in the cab, the clutch cycle on & off like if there was a short. I disconnected the the wire for the clutch & hot wired(monitoring with the gauges) While the ambient temp was 80F, the high side when to 350(I release the power to the clutch) & the low side came down to 30, & it took a long time to equalize(5 minutes +). I think there may be some blockage.
    Any Manual or input to repair this unit. I got gauges , vacuum pump, just not that familiar with TK ref unit.
    manual would be nice? shadow@harleydeals.net
    wrench

Re: Thermo King on truck box

Sounds like non condensables to me. Pull the charge and weigh it. Pressure test, (posative and with vac. pump), then if she passes, change drier and put a fresh charge in.
    Oh, by the way, is condenser fan coming on? It should come on and then go off when pressure drops to acceptable amount.

Five minutes is not long time to equalize pressure.Check pressure switch, I have same problem,and do what abbsnowman say

I agree with you I had several STB's I had to maintain and 5 Min's does sound like a while for pressures to EQ. I'm not saying you can't have none condensible in your system, but even if you did they would EQ at a fairly normal rate. A Blockage in the High side would better explain a slow EQ time.

On this unit they some times have a oil separator mounted somewhere in the high side line. I would pray and look the oil separator first, other wise you'll be looking to disassemble a 3 way valve to clean a screen..

As you'll have to pull the charge anyway I'd check for non condensible like the others mentioned before anything else. (By weighing out what you recovered) and then look for a blockage...

what refrigerant is it on the condensor fan is brought in by a pressure switch on the high side put a hot feed direct to the motor to test the item

Thanks everyone,
    The system is loaded with 134A, I found an installation manual for the V-500, Is this close to the STBII?
    I don't have a recovering station. The unit is in bad shape( no cover, rusty comportment, condenser fan missing). Will check for the oil separator. There is a magnetic valve, I think it may be the defrost valve? There should be some where to get a manual for that model?
    thanks again

A CB or CBci would be the next closest model..

You NEED a condenser fan! Fix this before you go any further.

You can check eBay for a manual.