Hi All,

Im looking to get AC installed in my apartment, and have had a couple quotes.

First quote was for a Daikin Multi Split, serving 2 indoor units:

External Unit: 3MXS52EVMA
Indoor Unit 1: FTXS25 (2.5Kw)
Indoor Unit 2: FTXS50 (5.0Kw)

Now in the quote, it was stated to "loop off existing 10Amp" to power the External Unit. And the guy explained that they will power off the GPO in one of the rooms.

Now, this seems a little dodgy to me, and I dont think this is safe, or upto the requirements to run a Multihead Unit.

I should also mention that installing a new circuit is an almost impossible task, as this apartment has rendered solid core walls, with no cavity. Other than running an ugly piece of tracking from the mainboard to the external unit its pretty much a no go.

Second quote was from a friend of mine, he said the most I can run off the existing loop is a Single Split 1.5HP (3.5Kw Cooling). He cannot believe the previous quote, says its not possible, and will not install a Multi for me on the existing circuit.

Now, Ive checked the mainboard, and can see that infact the existing circuit is on a 20Amp fuse.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Of course I would love to have 5.5 and 2.5Kw babies installed, but I dont wanna burn the place down.