Threaded View

Indesit FROST FREE Fridge Freezer - fridge not cold

I'm hoping somebody can help me out.

I've got an Indesit Frost Free Fridge Freezer which has a problem with the fridge part. It is no longer going cold. Freezer works absolutely fine as it always has done.

I've searched and searched in here and elsewhere and have gotten some good advice (including how un-frost free frost-free applicances are) and how to resolve the problems with it not going cold. The common cause seems to be ice blocked channels or around the coils.

I switched the fridge freezer off on Sunday evening and emptied the fridge. I then started putting bowls of boiled water in the fridge and closing the door (in the hope that if it was ice it would help melt it - I now realise that this may have been a mistake as the water would have cooled and possibly made it worse, but anyway). I then left the door open overnight and continued the next day with the bowls again.

Today I have switched the fridge freezer back on, but the fridge is still not getting cold. Freezer continues to work fine.

I have taken a couple of pictures of the channels in the fridge in the hope that this may help somebody give me some help.

As I am swaying towards the fridge freezer being passed it and needing replaced, I am now planning on pouring some boiling water down the channels in the pics in the hope that the water will come out somewhere and confirm they are either unblocked or blocked and I can then go forward from there.

Can anybody suggest anything else before I replace it?

[NOTE ON THE PICS: The first picture is of the channel at the back of the fridge where there is normally a cover and a dial to turn for the temperature. The channel is covered by a flap and has a metal bar which I assume is the thermostat at the top. The second pic is near the bottom of the fridge and I assume is some sort of drain channel - although there are two channels within this slo (which aren' quite visible)]
    Attached Images Attached Images