Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iScream Guest

Re: Refrigerated display case evaparator fans

Quote Originally Posted by amer View Post
    thanks for this useful inforaton..
    could u please give me some companies tat produce thise dc motors???
    Use Google and do the research by typing
    Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motors ---also try--- DC Refrigeration Compressor

pooletable Guest

sorry but how do i postg a new question??

Quote Originally Posted by pooletable View Post
    sorry but how do i postg a new question??
    Click on the New Thread icon at the bottom of this forum....

mark

Re: display case evaparator fans

In Denmark this is the new thing. The largest supermarket chain her has just ordered 6000 of these EC technology (cant remember the supplier but its not edm plast) motors for there open fridges and freezers. They say they will save 7 million kw by doing this per year. Quite the saving.

The company i work for is also looking into changing the condenser fans on all our gas coolers to these type of fans. They are much cheaper than traditional ac fans with a vlt. They can also be controlled by danfoss regulators (ak2 type)

Quote Originally Posted by shmo View Post
    hi guys

If its possible to matching 3 outdoor units with one indoor unit or no
    and if it is ok, how it will be ????????????????
    standard split units
    Shmo, post this in a new thread, your post has nothing tot do with this thread.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Cajunlandr Guest

ECM 9watt 115volt I purchased from Grainger cause fan blade to sit up to high from fan plenum. If bottom panel bows, it hits fan blade.

ebm-papst UK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hlogp View Post
    In Denmark ..... The largest supermarket chain her has just ordered 6000 of these EC technology (cant remember the supplier but its not edm plast) motors for there open fridges and freezers.
    Hi,

I know our name is difficult but "edm-plast"!

ebm-papst are the leading manufacturer of ESM fans for refrigeration and a lot of the UK supermarkets are moving over to them. They use less energy and generate less heat so there's an obvious benefit. There are a couple of other manufacturers too.

I can't post a website link but if you go to Yudu.com and search for "refrigeration" you should find our on-line catalogue with data and dimensions if you want to take a look.

Otherwise, if you've got any questions, fire away!

The "Other" manufactuer of ECM motors would be ourselves at ELCO. As our freinds at EBM have stated the majority of supermarkets are moving over to the energy saving motors both for economic reasons of efficiency but also for environmental reasons with the push for "green motors". Regards Elco UK

How can you "turn the refrieration down" during slow use periods? Doesnt the product always need to be at the same temperature and the refrigeration will shut off (thermostat opens or epr closes) whenever that temperature is reached?

Most of the Supermarkets I work in in the UK ( all except one of the biggest) Use these fan Motors- not all the refrigeration service guts carry them in there vans though!! Plenty of smaller shops with many branches are now also insisting that we use these electronic fans as they improve thier green foot print and save money.

100% of the new cases I have worked on in the last 12 -18 months have had electronic fans ( DC) not all have been two speed but I have recently seen some that are 3 speed meaning the technician can carry one fan motor that fits all the cases in the store- Something I have dreamt of for 30 years
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

ebm-papst UK Guest

Hi Blueboy,

That's good to hear, especially about the smaller shops following suit. For the service guys who get caught short without a spare the ebm-papst W1G200-EC87-20 ESM is now available through RS Components and Farnell. Just search the part number.

You might also like to know that there is also now a direct replacement for the Q-motor which the cabinet retrofit companies are using. If you get a shop needs a Q-motor replacing and they want to save energy too, you can do a direct swop. Higher price of course but uses a fraction of the energy (maybe 60% less) and lasts longer too. That last bit might not appeal to service engineers though!

Watch out for the iQ-motor, it'll be on RS and Farnell very shortly.

How are the two/three speeds selected?

When you say Q motor is this the multi fit one we all know? And are these suitable for condenser applications?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    How are the two/three speeds selected?

When you say Q motor is this the multi fit one we all know? And are these suitable for condenser applications?

Jon
    Have you seen the price of the things

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...t%20iQ%20motor

Well i don't think i'll be keeping five of them on the van at that price! I like the idea of energy efficiency and in an evap they will put less heat into the refrigerated space but i don't think the customers that i work for will appreciate the cost, i have been asked to get an 18w motor rewound before!!!

I've been thinking of giving these a go

http://www.aosmithepc.co.uk/online/i...index&cPath=20

I think they have ball bearings instead of plain bearings which would suit motors that start frequently.

Jon

Well i don't think i'll be keeping five of them on the van at that price! I like the idea of energy efficiency and in an evap they will put less heat into the refrigerated space but i don't think the customers that i work for will appreciate the cost, i have been asked to get an 18w motor rewound before!!!

I've been thinking of giving these a go

http://www.aosmithepc.co.uk/online/i...index&cPath=20

I think they have ball bearings instead of plain bearings which would suit motors that start frequently.

Jon
    Along with the standard sleeve bearing multi-fits we also have a full range of ball bearings from 5W up to 34W for not a huge amount more than the standard motors.

Proving to be quite a hit.
    www.elco-motors.co.uk

The speed is selected simply by choosing one of two or three wires speed one black speed two black and grey speed three brown black and grey- or one speed per wire
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

i have been asked to get an 18w motor rewound before!!!
    Getting an 18W re-wound, that really is quite excessive. Granted the cost of electronics are quite high at the moment, pretty much every manufacturer sees them as the future of our industry. They are bound to reduce in price as other competitors enter the market.

Yes ball bearing multi-fits are superior to standard bearings for many reasons. Thats why we only stock and sell the ball bearing version, far less trouble.

Did you give the AO Smith versions a go in the end? Any thoughts on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Star View Post

Did you give the AO Smith versions a go in the end? Any thoughts on them?

I haven't tried them yet, i'll let you know what i think of them if i do.

Jon

tinner2002 Guest

Re: refrigerated display case evaparator fans

I don't know how many readers know this, but dc motors are directional. This means that they, like ac motors, can run backwards and have to be rewired upon installation. I found this out the hard way...don't ask!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12