Hybrid View

Originally posted by chemi-cool
    hi peter,

in third world countries, there are no GW problems and they don have problems with ozone layer. do you know why?

we are thinking what car to buy or where to go sext summer.

Montreal and Kyoto Protocols - they will think its some kind of animals or flowers.

and yes I still use R12 and R502
    and only because they are available.
    the same here, not everyone can afford the big change and like my clients. so is me and you, we all got families to look after and my kids like yours or any one else, want university and other place to live.

its very expensive as you know. so some of us buy and use R12 and R502. or become plumbers (Iwill not)

you know my opinion about GW by now.

belive me peter, I use R12 and sleep very good at night.

its those people with R134a who should not sleep too well!!

chemi
    Due to a typing fault, you almost was looking for a sex summer Chemi

Serious now. You see, this angle of view is completely new for me. I read in the past only the bad effects of the ozonlayer due to different phenomenas, one of them our refrigerants.

I believed it because the same theories came from different renowned professors, from different countries.

I agree, there has been grown a little skeptical already after all your posts, not only yours but all the other who thinks in the same direction.

I was thinking also on the post from someone - forgot his name - who mentioned Army tests long time ago that stated that R134a was poisonous. This can be true or a fairytale, but can he prove this?

But isn't it funny that nobody from the chemical industry has argued that this different statement is completely right.
    There must be somewhere be an employer who can tell us 'Yeah... I know it's all done for the money, to make that there will come a big new market for these new products... there was nothing wrong with R12 and R502'

For example, there was the statement that manufacturers already had all the new R134a stuff the moment they decided that R12 must be banned. Same for the gasses, compressors.
    Professor Sporlan can give us a non prejudiced answer for this in so far he can do this deolontological (correct English expression?).

Each story has at least 2 sides, depending on the person who tells it. Both are mostly right.
    History has learned us this many times like in each war,for example the last now in Iraq.

But what Chemi if the professors are right and you are wrong. Fact is that no one can prove this for 100%. Only history will tell it who was right.

Perhaps someday someone will say 'Even our great-grandfather Chemi once said.... and he was right'
    Hope we make the right decission for the future of our grandkids and their grandkids, whatever we may decide.
    Last edited by Peter_1; 15-02-2004 at 10:20 PM.