PDA

View Full Version : CVP Valves

George Rees
28-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey,
I've been in this job for two years and have never really worked on much large equipment but today i had to fit a CVP valve to a suction line near the outlet of the evaporator. It went fine, only thing is i have no idea what a CVP valve is or what it does oor how it works? Just wondered if any one out there could help me out?

Cheers!

Brian_UK
28-09-2007, 07:54 PM
It depends what type of CVP valve you installed. The term CVP applies to a few different control valves.

It is probably to control the evaporaor operating pressure but... you should have read the instructions that came with the valve ;)

HallsEngineer
28-09-2007, 08:46 PM
CVP valves control on upstream or downstream pressure. CVPP are differential pressures. Look on danfoss website for more details.

George Rees
28-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks for that guys. i think it was to control the evaporator pressure as after i had instaleed it the outlet pressure before the valve was a constant 50PSI however after the valve varied between 65 and 20PSI. thought i'd broke the pack however it turns out two of the four expansion valves on the evaporator where knackered. and just for the record i did read the instructions they just did'nt tell me what i wanted to know.....bloody typical!