PDA

View Full Version : Disposing of scrap fridges

Andy W
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Who do you guys use in the Midlands or Cheshire for collecting and disposing of scrap cabinets. I rang Pentland today for a price to remove a domestic size stainless steel refrigerator and a 3 door counter work station, £80 for the small fridge, £120 for the larger, seems a little steep to me and that is with buying the replacements from them as well, so how do you guys dispose of your old ones?

bernard
04-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi
If you decant the refrigerant,oil and if the insulation is polystyrene then the scrap yard will take them.

Regards Bernard

Brian_UK
04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
You have to think about building these prices into your quotes now I feel.

The disposal of all sorts is charged for now so we can't expect to be any different.

Bought a new tyre for my motorbike and the invoice now includes a fee for disposal of the old tyre.

Abe
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi
If you decant the refrigerant,oil and if the insulation is polystyrene then the scrap yard will take them.

Regards Bernard

Brnard,

Whats the alternative , are there any businesses that dispose of entire cabinets ?

bernard
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi

I,m sure there are companies,I was involved with it about 4 years ago when britain was using germany as we were not prepared for disposal.We charged our customers to collect the units,we then decanted the refrigerant and oil,stripped the copper,theres good money to be made especially now with the high copper prices due the high demand from china.

The easist way is to get the supplier of the new kit to collect.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/seps/wastedisposal.html

Regards Bernard

Rtic
16-09-2007, 01:23 PM
If you want to save money and have a small ride take them to the Refrigeration recycle centre in Grantham. It will cost you 15 pound per item plus your Fuel. In fact I’m sure there is one in chesterfield (maybe a bit nearer to you).

Better than paying out to Pentland who I know for a fact take them to these Recycling centres like the one in Grantham themselves

Andy W
16-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for that Rtic, I shall most definately look into it, perhaps an additional service I could offer in the winter if work ever does go quite, I know of loads of equipment lying about in pub yards etc.

Rtic
17-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Maybe Grantham isn't the best place to go after all :rolleyes:
Turns out it burnt down last night:eek: