PDA

View Full Version : best firms

paulnwebb
27-08-2007, 08:29 PM
who are the best firms to work for these days?and why.

Brian_UK
27-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Guess who's not had a good weekend then?

Hi Paul, glad that you have posted.

The best firms are always the next one; it depends on what you are looking for.

Do you consider the best firm as one that pays more than the others or one with a good service manager and worthwhile support?

Latte
28-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Paulnwebb,

Brian has hit the nail on the head. Define Best :confused:
I can tell you which companies pay the most, but they also have the most miserable engineers. I can also point you in the direction of some of the best companies to work for, but they probably pay £2 and hour less than what you can get elsewhere but everyones happy.

Are you looking, there are plenty of jobs on the RE job section, or i can try and help to point you in a direction. PM me if i can help, shouldnt post that sort of stuff on an open forum

Regards

Fatboy

greggy
29-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Paulnwebb,

I can tell you which companies pay the most, but they also have the most miserable engineers. I can also point you in the direction of some of the best companies to work for, but they probably pay £2 and hour less than what you can get elsewhere but everyones happy.

Disagree.....I've worked for both "types" you talk about...currently working for Denman (probably one of the best payers) and I have never been happier at work and believe me thats a bold statement for me to make !!!! also, I think all the guys that work for me on my area are more than happy.

taz24
30-08-2007, 08:50 AM
also, I think all the guys that work for me on my area are more than happy.

Spoken like a true manager:D

taz.

greggy
30-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Spoken like a true manager:D

taz.

Ah,couldn't be farther from the truth there mate I am NO manager!...I started at Denman as a service engineer and now am area Supervisor...still doing service calls and Standby like the rest of the lads...but I still standby what I said...its just a canny place to work

IceMan08
07-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Disagree.....I've worked for both "types" you talk about...currently working for Denman (probably one of the best payers) and I have never been happier at work and believe me thats a bold statement for me to make !!!! also, I think all the guys that work for me on my area are more than happy.
I wish I had been in your area then, otherwise I might not have left!!!:D

philfridge
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi i reckon you want to steer clear of the supermarket companies as they have trackers, also the hours being worked not to good. Best to find a smallish firm i think as the big firms are not to good at looking after their staff, thats my opinion .

pinoytoits
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Speaking of Denmans, whats happening? I heard a couple of stories but not sure... need to here it from the horses' mouth!

Regards,

captincodeye
09-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Well teh Install guys where laid off this week and teh service guys are winding up their work, for all the people effected my thoughts are with you

The Captin

chillin out
09-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Guys!!!!

Can we stop turning every thread into a Denmans thread please.

Chillin:):)

Haggis
09-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi I agree...does anyone know whats happening with Tescos..lol

H

captincodeye
09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Well all the other threads keep getin closed, i was only answering a question, i wasnt spreading rumors or slagging anyone off just passing on what i know,
Jesus u guys need to chill out about, and in regards to Tesco's........................No idea, and if i did i wouldnt be abole to say anything with out folks gettin the hump an closing down the thread

chillin out
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
spreading rumors or slagging anyone off
This was the only reason the other threads got killed.

Talking about the Tescos contract or Denmans is fine.

p_p
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Captaincodeye

I'm with you all the way & well said I got an infraction for trying to help a newby & telling it as it was.

Just Lol.

Regards

PP

pinoytoits
10-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks Captin,

Believe me, I've already signed the offer of employment to start last January for them but thought twice! I'm with Tesco now! :D

captincodeye
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
So what do you do at Tesco's you on the Deli Counter? now that would be the best company free meat!!!

pinoytoits
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Apart from the free 'meat', I do have the pleasure of putting up the fridge spec!

chillin out
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Apart from the free 'meat', I do have the pleasure of putting up the fridge spec!
What does that mean?

What do you do at Tescos?
(EMS?)

philfridge
12-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Is tescos looking for fridge blokes then ? :D:D:D

Gwyn
12-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Good pay!
Stable ???

bill1983
14-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi i reckon you want to steer clear of the supermarket companies as they have trackers, also the hours being worked not to good. Best to find a smallish firm i think as the big firms are not to good at looking after their staff, thats my opinion .

i don't understand this attitude to the tracker unless you don't tell the truth on your timesheets.
we've operated a tracker for 4 years and recovered 2 stolen vans that would otherwise have been lost. all the engineers tools were still inside them and the guys responsible for stealing them are waiting for trial.
by the way the only reason the vans were stolen in the first place was because those engineers were trying to beat the tracker by running their engines for 40 minutes before they actually got in their vans to go to work

IceMan08
14-04-2008, 01:35 AM
only 40 mins? my van takes an hour to warm up ;)

captincodeye
16-04-2008, 05:28 PM
So WR won the Tesco Contract

Chunk
16-04-2008, 06:16 PM
So WR won the Tesco Contract

5 out of 7 regions i heard.

bernard
16-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi

I,m sure Project First picked up somthing aswell

Regards B

Chunk
16-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi

I,m sure Project First picked up somthing aswell

Regards B

I doubt it,thats probably why they are still sniffing around our head office.:(

eurocooling
16-04-2008, 09:27 PM
who are the best firms to work for these days?and why.

The best firm I work for was Nrc good money free drinks at xmas and a turkey plus good boss

philfridge
16-04-2008, 09:30 PM
i don't understand this attitude to the tracker unless you don't tell the truth on your timesheets.
we've operated a tracker for 4 years and recovered 2 stolen vans that would otherwise have been lost. all the engineers tools were still inside them and the guys responsible for stealing them are waiting for trial.
by the way the only reason the vans were stolen in the first place was because those engineers were trying to beat the tracker by running their engines for 40 minutes before they actually got in their vans to go to work

:rolleyes: Sounds like my last service manager , nuff said :D

Chunk
16-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I ripped my tracker out and sold it.And if i dont get paid next week,the van goes too.:D:D:D:D:D

philfridge
17-04-2008, 12:04 AM
i don't understand this attitude to the tracker unless you don't tell the truth on your timesheets. were trying to beat the tracker by running their engines for 40 minutes before they actually got in their vans to go to work

Fiddle me sheets :) never govner i always tell the truth :eek:

bill1983
17-04-2008, 10:54 PM
:rolleyes: Sounds like my last service manager , nuff said :D

service manager, me? never in a million years mate i'm too honest and like to say it as i see it. i'd probably lose em too many customers and engineers. lol