PDA

View Full Version : brazing rod standards

brian1
16-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I have been asked by a customer to prove competency of brazing and suitability of brazing rods to be used on particular job. I hold CITB certificate for pipe work and brazing (commercial). I am having trouble trying to find a manufacturer that states the suitability of their brazing rods for copper to copper jointing for refrigeration pipe work. Have approached BOC who are the usual supplier of brazing rods and BOC have been unable to supply the information stating suitability of their rods for use in the refrigeration - air conditioning industry.
Is their a British Standard (BS) or relevant information of rods for the refrigeration industry other than the rods composition of metals?. Or an manufacturer of brazing rods stating their rods are suitable for refrigeration industry

Any thoughts or info would much appreciated

thanks

Paulajayne
16-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Copper Brazing Alloys to BS EN 1044 CP

Silver Free Alloys - phosphorus content 6 - 8%
Silver Bearing Alloys 1 - 15% silver

Availability 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0mm section round or square.
Rod length 100mm - 1000mm. Standard length 500mm

Paula

monkey spanners
16-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Try Johnson Matthey Metal Jointing

www.jm-metaljoining.com (http://www.jm-metaljoining.com)

They had a stand at the RAC show, can't find the catalogue, but they had various rods for different uses.

Jon

just checked link is not working from thier site either, try 01763 253200 Phil Webb

Quality
17-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Try THESSCO LIMITED they are based in sheffield but I seem to have lost their contact details

BigJon3475
26-08-2007, 04:17 PM
May help may not.

http://www.harrisproductsgroup.com/consumables/

Search through the site I'm sure it has somewhere what your looking for.

Miles Brennan
02-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi - if you are still looking then maybe I can help you with selection of "approved" brazing alloys for refrigeration pipework.
I worked for a major international brazing alloy supplier for +17 years.

Drop me a line on miles.brennan@blueyonder.co.uk if you still need info.

Thanks

Miles