PDA

View Full Version : Giant Mosque

bernard
13-07-2007, 05:35 PM
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

May be of interest

Argus
13-07-2007, 08:17 PM

What's this got to do with refrigeration?

Are they going to air condition the place?

eggs
13-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Are they going to air condition the place?

Apparently not.Nobody will do the a good deal for, half ca$h (no VAT 'innit) a quater invoiced to the local big business man (cos e can claim back the VAT, 'innit) and a quater your never lightly to see.
Not my opinion:rolleyes: i've never had this problem in the 4 mosques i've conditioned or ventilated, just what i heard on the grapevine.

Cheers

Eggs

LRAC
13-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Why don't they just buy the millenium dome oh sorry the O2 thingy

KayPoh
14-07-2007, 09:50 AM
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

May be of interest

Why do they need such a big mosque and also why can't they have such a big mosque?:confused:
In our little lovely country, we have mosque, church & temple all together as neighbours and have no problem with it.:)

bernard
14-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Why do they need such a big mosque and also why can't they have such a big mosque?:confused:
In our little lovely country, we have mosque, church & temple all together as neighbours and have no problem with it.:)

Its tax payers money being used that I object to and the fact that that it,ll be the largest land mark in london when people fly in for the olympics.Don,t get me wrong I would also object if it was any other religious temple,churches are falling apart all over the uk with no funding from goverment.

Regards Bernard

KayPoh
15-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Its tax payers money being used that I object to and the fact that that it,ll be the largest land mark in london when people fly in for the olympics.Don,t get me wrong I would also object if it was any other religious temple,churches are falling apart all over the uk with no funding from goverment.

Regards Bernard

OK I agree with you. It should be done with moderation and sensitivitiy. But this really surprise me because of all place they chose London?

Cheers

Abe
15-07-2007, 11:47 AM
OK I agree with you. It should be done with moderation and sensitivitiy. But this really surprise me because of all place they chose London?

Cheers

Respected members,

First of all this is a refrigeration site, and whilst we may deviate with downtime frivolous chit chat, let us not get embroiled in political debate and heresay.

So, Bernard, thanks for pointing out that link, what is your intention ? Are you intent on RE members signing up to this petition ?

I quote from your very own link:

With respect to the proposal associated with a site near the Olympic development in Newham, we understand from Newham Council that there is no current planning permission or application for a mosque and Newham Council do not expect a planning application in the near future.

There are no planning applications, something about a mosque was bandied about, but its no great controversy,

So lets not get all harried about this, how big or small it should be, or where it should be located, and why tax payers money should be used, etc, etc.

We all know that in the historical context no one needs reminding that at the present time there is a huge religious divide and polarisation and conflict. We see the flames and death daily on the news.

We , citizens of the world, irrespective of colour creed or religion are endeavouring towards bridging these divides, promoting love and understanding of cultures, and most of all we want to promote peace and harmony. That is what I would wish to achieve.

So lets not play into the hands of adversity and deepen the divide. This mosque thingy is just the type of issue which lights the fuse of ferociuos argumernt and advocated by the "types" who are intent on mischief making.

Ok, nuff said, Above all this is a refrigeration site, not a political or religious forum, we at RE have proved at least, that we have an international network of members and we all are bonded and tied by the nature of work we do.

And we set an example and should be proud of our unity.

Good day all

knight rider
15-07-2007, 03:05 PM
wise words abe
lets stick with refrigeration and air conditioning on this site and not religious and political affairs ,

thank you

monkey spanners
15-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Being dyslexic, i read this as giant mosquito, and was somewhat disapointed:o

Abe
15-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Being dyslexic, i read this as giant mosquito, and was somewhat disapointed:o

:D:D

Trust you Monkeyspanners !!!!

:):)

The MG Pony
15-07-2007, 07:52 PM
If they want it they pay for it, that simple. Let them waste their money on their invisible friend, foolish to me but if it keeps them happy and they don't try and preach their bs to me so be it, like the christians here, they hold their little events so long as they leave me alone and don't spread there bs around let them have their peace.

http://www.thedebatehour.com/index.php < For thoughs who do like to rip into it and debate go to that site.

Live and let live I say just respect when one says they are not interested in your religion or lack there of.

Like Abe says we all share a common bond of the holy *****, Amonia, Hydrocarbon!

KayPoh
16-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Ya, we should stick to aircon/refrigeration matters. My apology for asking out of curosity. Curosity kills the cat.
We pray to the temperature so that we will get the comfortable temperature.
We pray to the humidity so that we will achieve the desired humidity.
We pray to the air so that we will breathe in fresh air.
:D:D:D

mohamed khamis
16-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Ya, we should stick to a

I think u mean we pray for "not to" the temp........

regards

Abe
16-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Y

Why dont you just go kneel in front of the next big cold store that you see...
And seek penance for your curiosity...

KayPoh
16-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Why dont you just go kneel in front of the next big cold store that you see...
And seek penance for your curiosity...

Ha ha ha, yes we should have a giant cold store instead. What a great idea, Abe.

Cheers:D

monkey spanners
16-07-2007, 07:35 PM
If we had a church of refrigeration we'd all be argueing over which gas to use, who's oil was better, copper pipe or steel ,3ph or 1ph , hot gas or electric defrost LOL.
Sadly i think its human nature to look for differences instead of the common ground, In my opinion ultimately we are all the same:)

Cheers Jon

Abe
16-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Tecumseh
Danfoss
Le Unite Hermetiques

would be Phrophets of course
:)

Obi Wan
16-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Regards Bernard

Dear Bernard,

I agree with most of the comments posted that this is a forum for refrigeration bod’s and not your personal speakers corner, however I don’t think you should be allowed to get away with these type of shallow comments.

As far as I am aware, Muslims are also tax payers as are Christians, Jews, Buddhists and followers other faiths. The 100 Million, though it sounds a lot is a drop in the ocean. And talking of the largest landmark, the big white elephant otherwise known as the Millennium Dome would scare any passing alien within ten light years, and we as a nation paid nearly a billion pounds for it. Even this pails into insignificance when you count the cost of the two wars we are involved in. I don’t believe I stumbled across any such objections from you on the last two points.

In these times of global unrest, we would all be better off if we engage our common sense before making such ill judged comments.

Personally I don’t much care if they build a mosque or not, but I would object to it not being built for the reasons you give.

Obi Wan.

chillin out
16-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Religion and politics are very dangerous subjects for forums that stretch all over the world.

Just before this thread gets out of hand I will 'close' it.

Sorry guys, hope you understand.

Thanks.

Chillin:):)