PDA

View Full Version : Whos ready for the F-Gas regulations ?

S_Line
29-06-2007, 10:37 AM
What are you guys doing in readiness to the regulations, with regards to leak testing all system with 3.0 KG charge and over ?

If there has been another thread covering this topic, can someone please provide me with the link.

S-Line :)

Argus
29-06-2007, 11:16 AM
There are plenty of threads in the Legal-Marketing-Business forum, including links in them to the DTI and DEFRA web sites.

As far as leakage checking is concerned, the European commission has to decide on the standard requirements for leak checks. This has to be done by July 4th this year, but don't be surprised if it slips.

Argus
29-06-2007, 11:47 AM
As far as leakage checking is concerned, the European commission has to decide on the standard requirements for leak checks. This has to be done by July 4th this year, but don't be surprised if it slips.

What did I say about the commission letting the deadline slip?

I've just noticed this link that appeared on ACRIB's site last night (June 28th).

http://www.acrib.org.uk/MICD7023648

S_Line
29-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Leak testing while carrying out service work will not be a problem.
Just depends on what method of leak testing is required.

TBH on a little 3KG system, a leak will make a massive difference on the operation of the system.
With the symptoms of a low charge system be obvious to a trained engineer.

I will expect to see service prices to go up, as there are many companies out there who send out a trainee to "Give the filters a shake" and call it a service :lol:

Interesting times ahead, and for the better also. :)

Brian_UK
29-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I have been doing a 'basic' over 3kg check for some time now.

Nothing too elaborate, visually inspect any flare connections (assuming they are visible!), eyeball the pipework of the condenser, with a torch if needed.

Any suspect joints then get a sniff from the electric nose and maybe a squirt of bubble solution.

Doesn't really add too much time to the service period. You should be doing a visual check anyway and the covers are going to be off as well.

LRAC
29-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh god i hope it helps our industry like the corgi system. With the luck were having at the moment i bet were the first to be inspected.

Lrac

chillin out
29-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't think engineers will be spending much time leak testing large systems. All they will do is install a leak detection system though out the store/factory.

I personally think leak testing is a good thing, saves time and money in the long run, and also stops you getting a call at 3am.

Chillin:):)

Lowrider
30-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh god i hope it helps our industry like the corgi system. With the luck were having at the moment i bet were the first to be inspected.

Lrac

Having a unlucky streak then?

The posts I've seen from you recently are all a bit down!

Employe's?