PDA

View Full Version : Tools in the Kitchen?

The MG Pony
08-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Well Since I finally got my self a good refrigerant scale I been finding it very usefull, and being single I find I use it more in the kitchen for cooking and baking more then any thing!

So for all you fellow single techs, how many tools do you us in the Kitchen?

When the power was out I used the map torch to fry pork chops, the scale to portion ground beef and weigh dry ingredients for baking, I've even taken it too the store to weigh bulk goods (As their scales are never that good)

I firgured this aut to be a funny yet informitive thread as to just how multiperpos tools realy can be!

taz24
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I firgured this aut to be a funny yet informitive thread as to just how multiperpos tools realy can be!

I'm quite radical in the kitchen when it comes to being inovative with fridge things.

If you promise not to tell anyone I'll let you into a secret.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Go on then I'll tell ya only if you promise not to tell anyone.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

I put my beer in the fridge to keep cold:D

Only jokeing.
Beer does not last long enough to make it to the fridge.

Cheers taz.

monkey spanners
08-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I found that 1/4"flare x 1/8"npt fitting weighs 1/2 ounce and use it when measuring out for baking etc. oh and i descaled the kettle the other day with ice machine cleaner lol.

momo
09-05-2007, 01:27 AM
My cooking is by eye (that looks about the right amount of yeast for a pizza, adding a bit for it being old...) and nose (I always seem to fail to write the name of the spice the jar has in it, and there are many on the shelves) the recipes are well enjoyed by the victims but usually unrepeatable :D.

"Seriously though": the last work surface left in the house, workshop and store that is clear to repair that wretched circuit board by tomorrow is the kitchen table - I'm sure one day my bread will self-control its rising, humidity, prooveing and baking temperatures - now where did that 7805 go ? Oops the spaghetti sauce has a black something in it and I haven't burnt it yet :eek:

PS: once caught one of my previous bosses cutting up legs of Serrano cured ham for soup making with a reciprocating Hilti power saw, not the moment to have an arguement :):)

The MG Pony
09-05-2007, 01:49 AM
I start with weighing the ingreadients then switch to by eye for fine tuning :)

chillin out
09-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm sure one day my bread will self-Control its rising, Humidity, prooveing and baking temperatures - now where did that 7805 go ?
I got myself a bread making machine a few years ago, works great. (only used it for a couple of weeks though, and got bored with it....lol)

Chillin:) :)

Karl Hofmann
10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
My radial arm chop saw is ideal for cutting frozen bread.

LRAC
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I didn't have the muscles to lift and transport a steel grid when laying a concrete floor in the kitchen extension so i used 41 x 41 channel.

The floor seems ok:eek:

Regards
Lrac

The MG Pony
11-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Haha radial arm saw! now where geting some where :) I'll have to remember that one.

Every now and then I'll use a hand drill and wisk to do blending of some mixes :)

nh3wizard
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I thought thats what they made wifes for:D

Karl Hofmann
12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I thought thats what they made wifes for:D

Mine was defective and had to be sent back to the manufacturer :D

momo
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Haha radial arm saw! now where geting some where :) I'll have to remember that one.

Every now and then I'll use a hand drill and wisk to do blending of some mixes :)

Variable speed ones of 600 watts for thick creams and a stainless steel custom made whisk - make sure it does not catch (twisted wristo :eek: ) or go onto percussive - it cuts the mayonaise:D.