PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant test method

cakabo28
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
hı everybody
I want to change refrigerant brand because of money,but ı don't know how ı can be sure it is high in quality,what can you suggest to me about test method?
please help me.

lana
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi,
What kind of test are you looking for?

Have you considered the cost of changing the refrigerant? It might be more expensive.
Cheers

cakabo28
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM
hı LANA,
I am thinking only to change refrigerant brand,for example instead of dupond to use akmera,but I want to make quality control for new refrigerant,If you have experiences about test method how to do it,please share with me.

lana
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
OH I got you. I reckon you have the same problem as we have here : Refrigerants with well known brands but the gas inside is something else.
We had a party of R134a cylinders imported here and guess what, they were flammable :eek: .

If your problem is the same as I mentioned, then try to find the actual representative who would give you the real stuff.

Good luck

Derek
15-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Gas Chromotagraphy or Mass Spectrometery
Either way its not cheap or simple.

Most distributors offer a GS service of some kind. The Chem Eng dept at Tehran University used to have a good but rarely used GC set up but not sure of the status now as that was 8 years ago.

If its acid and moisture testing only then look at the Checkmate unit from Refrigeration Technologies.

Download a copy of ARI 700 from the ARI website which has the test procedures for common refrigerants.

Derek
15-05-2007, 01:40 PM
And for Izmir you could try Bogazici University in Istanbul (had to look them up)