PDA

View Full Version : Why there a only 2 publish blends based on R-125 and R-32

bornehatred
13-04-2007, 09:45 AM
i was explore and use a software called 'NIST REFPROP Database Version 6'....

i use the software to look up the changing of coefficient of performance (COP) for each blend when i change the percentage of R-125 and R-32 that make the blend...

for the result,there are many blend that are better than R-410A...
why this situation occur? what criteria that R-410A is the best alternative, while other blend based on R-125 and R-32 are better too??why only R-410A is popular??

penair
14-04-2007, 12:47 AM
hi bornehatred,
what type of airconditioning or refrigeration application are you wanting a refrigerant for? The main issue with blended refrigerants is temperature glide, R410A has a low temperature glide compared to many other blends -about 2 degrees kelvin. Although COP may be increased with blend ratio variations this may also affect the temperature glide of the refrigerant in the system which would make fine tuning a system's subcool and superheat settings without a ph chart difficult. As you know a ph chart with refrigerant blends never has a constant temperature line due to 'glide'. The volumetric capacity of the compressor must also be accounted for especially with such a high presssure blend. I probably hav'nt told you anything new. Goodluck with your research.
Frank.

nh3simman
18-04-2007, 07:33 PM
there are many blend that are better than R-410A...why this situation occur? what criteria that R-410A is the best alternative, while other blend based on R-125 and R-32 are better too??why only R-410A is popular??

This is a very good question. We use R410A because Daikin, LG and a few other suppliers have adopted this refrigerant. They use R410A, because the compressor manufacturers have tested and rated their compressors with R410A.

So what is the actual criteria for the blend? I don't buy the glide story. R407C has a much higher glide and it is an accepted refriogerant. Maybe the 50/50 mix is convenient!

ISO Number R410A
Chemical Name R32/R125 (50/50)