PDA

View Full Version : will it work?

mr fridge man
08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi guys. Can i pick your brains i wonder? What i want to know is: can i fit a capillary line if i by pass the receiver to get this unit to work.
Customer with an upright single door freezer (Gastrnorm type) needed new compressor to be fitted as old one gave up the ghost. Fitted an R404 pot but old one was R12 with non adjusting exspansion device. Teddington i think. Cond unit is up on top of the up-right with a liquid receiver. It runs but only pulls down to 12 degrees C. Freezin up after the valve and sounds like its short when its not.:confused:

Peter_1
08-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Most important readings we need for your problem: condensing pressure, evaporating pressure, SH and SC and used gas.

Brian_UK
08-04-2007, 10:43 PM
OK, give us all a clue... what refrigerant is it running on now?

Did you need to do an oil change?

mr fridge man
08-04-2007, 10:58 PM
The back pressure is at 20psi running on R404. Not too sure what the head pressure is running at as service valve faulty. No oil change carried out.....

Brian_UK
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
So, the old system was running on R12 and R12 oil. The compressor has been changed along with the refrigerant but the system wasn't cleaned.

There is a possibility of the old oil clogging the system as it is not miscible with the R404a.

goodguy
08-04-2007, 11:56 PM
A new 404a compressor should have poe oil in it. Although, you should be certain. If all things are as they should be, you should be able to remove the receiver and install a cap tube.
But why not just install a 404a tev?

mr fridge man
09-04-2007, 12:52 AM
The long bankholiday easter weekend & the customer needs it working by the monday. Wholesalers are closed until tuesday & i don't have the correct type of tev. If i can by pass the receiver with a cap line and it'll work...... happy days!

goodguy
09-04-2007, 02:04 AM
5ft of TC 36 (.036inches) capillary line for 404a low temp @ 1/3hp. I know this because I repaired a freezer the other day. I have a chart to figure out different sizes for different tonnage. Let me know if you want a cross. Best of luck.

taz24
09-04-2007, 11:16 AM
The long bankholiday easter weekend & the customer needs it working by the monday. Wholesalers are closed until tuesday & i don't have the correct type of tev. If i can by pass the receiver with a cap line and it'll work...... happy days!

Do you have an R 502 valve that would be a good replacement?
At a push to get it going an R22 valve would work reasonably well.

taz.

lana
09-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Mr fridge-man,

As Brian said, there is a high possibility that the system is contaminated and changing the TEV to cap tube will not solve anything. The contamination most probably will clog the cap tube.
The best way in my opinion is to flash the system and get the contaminated oil out - which is not an easy thing to do :eek: .
Best of Luck
LANA:)

wineman
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
why didnt youput an equivalent comp on and put a replacment gas in like isceon 49l or an equivalent i think you have made a mistake