PDA

View Full Version : thoughts and views required please

LRAC
03-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi all

We have recently installed 9 a/c units, take a look at what the sparky has done to us.

He has ruined a good looking installation, do we refuse to pay the bill as they wont re work it or do we rectify the problem and counter claim against there invoice.

Or do you guys think the picture and job is acceptable.

Regards
Lrac

Cofreth
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
What you are paying will be what you are getting too.

Karl Hofmann
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Point out to him that you are unhappy with what he has done and give him the chance to put it right would be my first option

lana
03-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi there,
I thought that this problem only exists in Iran:eek: :eek: .
The condensing units are placed too close to the wall.
I have this major problem here. If you want to pay then ask them to correct the problem.
Cheers:)

Peter_1
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
The picture is very small but on the first hand, it doesn't seem acceptable.
I shouldn't direct attack them very hard.
But you already asked to redo their job and they refused.
Now you have to send them a letter (is registered the correct word?) to make sure you have a legal paper if problem should escalate.
Give them a certain time to redo the job (+/- 2 weeks) and say also in your letter that after this time, you will redo it yourself and you that you also won't pay their invoice and that there's a possibility that you will wend them an additional invoice for the additional work you have done.
Make sure you make your claim within the time given you legally (in Belgium 8 days!!)
A fax of an email isn't valid for this in Belgium .

Electrocoolman
04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
What does your client think? Get them onboard, and to write you a letter which you can forward to the electrical contractors with your letter asking for the job to be reworked to acceptable and agreed standards.

Andy
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi all

We have recently installed 9 a/c units, take a look at what the sparky has done to us.

He has ruined a good looking installation, do we refuse to pay the bill as they wont re work it or do we rectify the problem and counter claim against there invoice.

Or do you guys think the picture and job is acceptable.

Regards
Lrac

Hi LRAC:)

If he is a registered spark he will be part of the NICEIC and will have insurance for this. Me I would phone him and statethat you are going to approch the NICEIC and see what he says, if he does not put it write then look for a registered spark and take his fee for putting it right from the cowboys bill.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Lippygit
23-04-2007, 08:09 PM
As far as I am concerned as both a qualified Sparks and an a/c tech. I think the job is as rough as a bears **** . I wouldn't put my name to that job and be proud for sure, I would have used tray throughout and dressed the cables to make it look as presentable as is reasonably practicable. The spark that did your installation is lazy untidy and ruins the reputation of good sparks.

Abe
23-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Pity the picture is so tiny
Would be good if you are able to post a decent sized pic

adams?
24-04-2007, 11:24 PM
picture is small but if you and the client are not happy get it fixed. while we're moaning, dont you hate it when they come along and cable tie directly to your pipework, cutting the lagging to shreds! aaarrrrgghhh!

LRAC
25-04-2007, 10:19 AM
This might be a bigger picture?

Lrac

nh3simman
25-04-2007, 04:56 PM

I agree with lana, the condenser seems to be too close to the wall. If you installed this then you should correct it first.

As the installer, you are responsible for the installation, the piping, drains, electrics, controls and commissioning.

Basically everything.

If the electrician has not followed your instructions, then you have a case. But, if you just left the electrician to get on with it, you should pay to have it fixed and chalk it up to your training cost.

old gas bottle
26-04-2007, 08:04 AM
i like lippygits avatar !thats the best pic.